THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Dark Eldar

Go down 
+8
macknight
Erebus
aurynn
Thor665
Lord_Alino
Squidmaster
flakmonkey
irwit
12 posters
AuthorMessage
irwit
Slave
irwit

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 09:28

Hi all

So finally took the plunge and bought myself some dark eldar and this is my first crack at one of the warriors. I went for standard colour palette from the box art. im going to try something different for my next guy though. Hope you like Smile

First Dark Eldar DarkEldar

Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 09:35

Looks really good. I especially like the eyes and the finish on the rifle.
May sound weird, but how did you do the lower legs and feet, as far as colours used, inking and/or highlighting?

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
irwit
Slave
irwit

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 09:50

Thanks!

The lower legs are just a highlight of I think incubi blue,  the dark blue/turquoise from GW.  Metal spikes are boltgun metal with a mithril silver highlight.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 11:36

Very nice.
Clean and crisp. Kudos.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 12:08

Cheers.
again, very nice job.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 12:26

First guy? Well done. Do you have any skills in this field or was this your first time? It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
irwit
Slave
irwit

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 14:33

Hi all

Thanks again for the positive remarks.  I have been painting for a while so this isnt my first model,  just first dark eldar Smile  

Had a quick go at the second guy on my lunch break,  hopefully finish him tonight.  Very different style and ironically a much better picture of my first guy.  The pic above makes the paint job look less smooth than it actually is.

What do you guys think, classic gw style or something more gothic and sinister?

First Dark Eldar 1409922764167
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 16:32

I almost always advocate separating from GW's chosen palette unless you're going for that specific army. Go more gothic, sez I!

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 17:00

Gothic for sure! Make the enemy fear the sight of red coming from the darkness. :-)
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 17:58

Whichever you end up going with, I expect a plog. Your paintwork is fantastic.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 21:48

I like gothic although it could do with more coloration.
Back to top Go down
irwit
Slave
irwit

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2014, 10:26

Hi all

So the second guy is finished. I prefer the black, not sure if the eyes being red stops them popping as much though. What do you think?

First Dark Eldar 1410081593379
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2014, 14:18

That's amazing~ I'd go with the second guy. I didn't realize he wasn't finished. (Believe me, I was very confused.)
Back to top Go down
macknight
Hellion
macknight

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2014, 18:19

Both schemes are well executed, although I like the green scheme more than the red, I too suggest you not copy the official GW scheme, maybe a different green?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2014, 21:16

Black and red for me, I love the look of the second guy!

Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2014, 22:53

Really well painted, if I look at the details it does not look like much but the overall paintjob is amazing!
As to which one I like best. I think the armour of the second guy looks best but I much prefer the green eyes, so both I guess ;-)

Sybarite
Dogmar

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2014, 23:40

I'm always a bit iffy when it comes to copying GWs designated colour scheme, however I think that the green version is much better executed than the second guy with red eyes is and in fact, that Black Heart Kabalite makes me just a tiny little bit jealous. You have a very good technique and I'll deeply bow to you if you manage to finish a whole army with that standard. At some point I always have to "dumb down" my schemes so that I can actually finish whole squads at all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
irwit
Slave
irwit

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 16:26

Hi all

So here is my third guy about half way done.  I've tried a bit of ground source lighting to add some more interest to the second paint scheme.  Will probably re-do the tabard as it looks a bit off but i really like the red and black on the legs and arms.  Although this guy is takinga  little longer I think once I nail the strength and direction of the colour cast it should be pretty easy to paint en masse for an army,  hopefully ...

First Dark Eldar 1410355912000
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 16:52

So...lava basing?

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 22:59

Thor665 wrote:
So...lava basing?

I agree with this. If the model were used with lava basing it'd look great.
Back to top Go down
irwit
Slave
irwit

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 20:14

Hi all

Had a bit of a painting revolation i explain on my blog this week. Hopefully will help push the paint job even further. Heres another quick update wip. Hope you like

First Dark Eldar 1410981109845

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 21:29

I like it... although I've never seen somebody use a Sybarite. What kind of list will you be running?
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 22:34

Love it, although I never use a sybarite, I like to model one as the leader.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar   First Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1