THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Morghast Archai

Go down 
+3
Squidmaster
Mr Believer
Count Adhemar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 09:49

Leafed through a copy of this week's WD at the weekend and saw these chaps:

Morghast Archai MorghastArchai_ProdSlide

Apart from being gorgeous models I couldn't help wondering about conversion potential here. The chest and shoulder armour looks quite similar to DE stuff and I reckon they would make some excellent Haemonculus creations.

Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 10:22

I noticed the similarity in armour too, and wondered if something might be possible with them. Even the blades look kind of Dark Eldary. You could probably cut away the spirit contrails and reposition the legs without too much work to get them leaping off stuff or perched on buildings like monstrous, fleshy gargoyles Twisted Evil

Klaivex
Squidmaster

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 11:30

Depending on size, I was thinking:
loose the wings, repose to down on all four legs, or hunched almost gorilla-style, and they'd make decent Grotesques.
Alternatively, Chronos or Talos engines.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 21:52

Make an elegant coven with those guys walking around without wings. They'd be the Spiffy Grotesques of the Fabulous Coven!
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2014, 08:54

These guys are quite big, if to watch on base (monstrous infantry or a monster) so they can actually be Grotesques. And you can place them on cork, like they flip or planing to move further. The only thing that seems wrong - this model has a lot of gems and ancient decorations. But add a few tubes in chest and hands - and here you go.

Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2014, 14:24

Judging from the bases and the army collection shots, these guys are just as big, if not bigger, than Talos Pain Engines. They certainly look amazing and I might see myself get tempted to make something out of them for the Dark Kin - the sourcerous, unnatural look is perfect for me!

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2014, 21:30

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
Judging from the bases and the army collection shots, these guys are just as big, if not bigger, than Talos Pain Engines. They certainly look amazing and I might see myself get tempted to make something out of them for the Dark Kin - the sourcerous, unnatural look is perfect for me!

Maybe bigger? So use them as Talos Pain Engines?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 06:56

I thought Incubi when I saw the armour and weapon, but if they're that large perhaps not Shocked

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 13:09

thesaltedwound wrote:
I thought Incubi when I saw the armour and weapon, but if they're that large perhaps not Shocked

INCUBI SMASH!!!!!!

It's what happens when Incubi get angry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Morghast Archai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morghast Archai   Morghast Archai I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morghast Archai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-