THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar with Wraith Units

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

Dark Eldar with Wraith Units Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 16:15

Fellow Archons,

I've almost completed my 2000pt DE/E list. I feel I have a lot of poison and a lot of anti-armor. I plan on putting the Baron with a wraithguard unit to give them Hit&Run which I think will be devastating. But what do I use the remaining 75pts on?

HQ:
Baron = 105
Spirit Seer = 70

Troops:
3x 5 Wyches w/ Haywire in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon = 375
2x 10 Kabalite Warriors in Raider w/ Splinter Racks = 320
2x 5 Wraithguard in Wave Serpent w/ScatterLaser, Shuriken Cannon = 580

Heavy Support:
2x Ravager w/ Flickerfield = 230
1x Wraithknight = 240

Total 1925
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 18:36

What weapons do the wraithguard have? Also can the baron go into a vehicle (being jump infantry).
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 18:48

Wraithguard all with wraithcannons.

I thought Baron with his skyboard counted as a heavy but could still go in Wave Serpent. I'll have to check the rules tonight, unless someone knows off hand.
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 18:50

*Sorry by 'heavy' I meant 'bulky'.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 22:46

I'm partial to the d-scythe just because they can kill hoards and the wall of death with them is funny. I'd experiment with one with each (10 points each model to upgrade to d scythes or you can give the wave serpents holo fields for a 3+ jink when jinking. Another option is night shields on the ravagers.
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2014, 03:08

I wasn't thinking d-scythe but I think I already have enough anti-tank with the wyches so I think it could work.

Its just tempting to have the d-scythe's in the raider. Maybe in next codex we'll get raiders as a Fast Attack instead of a dedicated transport to make it easier.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2014, 12:11

Why would Hit and Run be good for them? The only thing I can see it being useful for is getting them out of a combat they shouldn't have been in anyway. Unless they have the close combat options? Just curious how you plan to use them/what you see them doing for you Smile

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2014, 17:36

Mr Believer wrote:
Why would Hit and Run be good for them? The only thing I can see it being useful for is getting them out of a combat they shouldn't have been in anyway. Unless they have the close combat options? Just curious how you plan to use them/what you see them doing for you Smile

My assumption would be:
Because they're S5/T6 models that have amazingly powerful ranged weapons, but low mobility and short range.

By giving them hit & run, you're essentially increasing their movement range by whatever charge distance they're able to make, plus the 3d6 hit & run roll. So, instead of them being limited to 6-12 inches of movement per round without being committed to combat, they can now move up to 36"(averaging ~23") in a single round without being committed to combat.

Further, with T6, I'd say they're oftentimes safer in combat than against shooting. So, he can charge them into a combat, survive it into the enemies' turn, hit & run out after the enemies' shooting and combat phases are over, and be fully capable of shooting his own weapons and assaulting again. Rinse & repeat. Think about it against DE. Those T6 models constantly being in combat would neutralize our splinter weapons that we'd normally use to take them down.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 09:50

I suppose that could work quite well, but if it were me I think I'd prefer to just never have them in combat. I'd just keep them in a Wave Serpent until it was time to kill something, which means they can't shoot as much but can move much faster, which is great for a tough objective secured unit. Their shooting is so much better than their close combat ability, and it's not like they can't be wounded in close combat, especially over two rounds. Plus you have the unpredictability of how far your hit and run will take you, as well as the fact that you might fail the test to do it anyway. Too many variables for me, but I'd be interested to see someone else try it. It's definitely a different use for them.

Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 15:33

I'm trying this Hit&Run trick because I haven't been good enough to keep them out of combat or my opponents have been very good at countering them by tying them up. Like BetrayTheWorld said, their guns are really powerful but in CC they kinda just sit there. So on their turn I Hit&Run, my turn take some str10 shots then charge back into CC so they can't get shot on opponents turn.

Ideally I'd like to never have them in CC but takes a lot more maneuvering to avoid my opponent's attempts to make that happen.

Haven't tried yet, but my tourney day is in 10 days, I'll reply on how it worked.
Back to top Go down
Larndorn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 04:37

You could add a Vyper that is 55 or less and add FlickerFields to your Raiders. Yes your passengers can still fire at Full BS if you jink but you may need a DL shot (or Disintegrator Shots if you prefer those) and you take your chance with a 5++ rather than forefeiting the shot. Also, some armies cough*Tau/Eldar*cough have some weapons that ignore cover so having the 5++ to fall back on is nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar with Wraith Units   Dark Eldar with Wraith Units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar with Wraith Units
Page 1 of 1