THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Who dunnit?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2014, 14:24

Who dunnit? QFoWCFz

I noticed that these guys were made of the same plastic as GW plastic models, and also that they all looked really boring in grey.

Decided to take them on for a few days and give my head a break from thinking about dark eldar! Update tonight or maybe in the morning.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2014, 23:50

What game are those guys from? By the 'Who dunnit" topic I'm inclined to say a fancy version of Clue.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 06:12

Just the regular version of Clue (Cluedo, as it's called here in the UK) but quite a new edition, I think. The Cold One isn't included in most games, since it always turns out to be him in the end...

Anyway, here's some progress on Miss Scarlett. She's got the least fine detail so I wanted to start with her. It's both like and unlike painting 40k - the scale is odd, she's taller than a space marine but with far tinier details. That makes it more of a challenge than I'd anticipated, but it's fun anyway!

Who dunnit? YsgOeAU

EDIT: The pic link didn't work first time...
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 12:32

I like her so far. And Cluedo? That sounds.... amazing. I need to start calling it that XD

Colonel Mustard demands a paint job.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 18:13

Like Ludo, you know. I think it's a fun pun that nobody outside of britain understood. Mustard is SO detaily, but he could be a fun challenge. How to make a convincing yellow army uniform though?

Tengu
Wych
Tengu

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 20:49

desert camo?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 21:02

He's wearing his ceremonial gear, but yeah that's the kind of yellowy khaki I plan to do. Camo wouldn't really be appropriate for a dinner party though lol.
I'll mix castellan green with some yellow and see what happens

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 21:31

Paint his suit the same as an Imperial Fisters perhaps?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 22:58

Not a bad idea but I board game with different people than would get it, for the most part. I've always wanted to paint some Marines out of armour though. Unsure if it ever happens. I doubt they take it off to sleep etc

Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 23:11

Now I can only imagine a game of clue with a giant raptor just standing in the parlor. It was the raptor, in the kitchen, with his mouth. *defensively aggressive screeching*

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 00:16

"The raptor again?!?!"

If they do get that it's Imperial Fists than who's really gonna care? His suit reminds of them anyways. In fact, every color reminds me of a 40k faction.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 03:01

Yeah just nobody really wears a bright yellow ceremonial uniform, ya feel? I'm trying for a bit more realism with these guys than with my spacefaring torture pixies

Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 03:03

A navy blue is common, such as the U.S. Marine dress uniform is a black top with blue pants.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 03:11

You could go Khaki colored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who dunnit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dunnit?   Who dunnit? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who dunnit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions