THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

3k DE skimmer MSU list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bork
Slave

3k DE skimmer MSU list Empty
PostSubject: 3k DE skimmer MSU list   3k DE skimmer MSU list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 19:05

toying with list ideas for 3000pts of dark eldar and fancied giving multiple small units a try all skimmer mounted or otherwise jump infantry etc. not trying to be super competative or anything its mainly for games between friends. i ended up using a second detachment when i got to 2500pts and realised i had filled a FOC. i mainly play against marines, imperial guard and eldar none of which is hugely mechanised so i think ive got plenty of anti tank to play with.

thoughts?

HQ
Archon / shadowfield, husk blade, soul trap, combat drugs, phantasm grenade launcher, haywire grenades / 175
Baron sathonyx / 105

ELITE
7 incubi / raider, flickerfield / 224
4 kabalite trueborn / 4x blasters, venom, splinter cannon / 173
4 kabalite trueborn / 4x shredders, venom, splinter cannon / 133

TROOPS
5 kabalite warriors / blaster, raider / 120
10 wyches / shardnet & impaler, hydra gauntlet, raider / 180
10 wyches / shardnet & impaler, hydra gauntlet, raider / 180
19 hellions / helliarch, agoniser / 329

FAST ATTACK
5 scourge / 2x haywire blaster / 130
5 scourge / 2x haywire blaster / 130
6 reaver jetbikers / 2x cluster caltrops / 172

HEAVY SUPPORT
ravager / flickerfield / 115
ravager / flickerfield / 115
razorwing jetfighter / disintergrators, splinter cannon, flickerfield / 165

2nd Detachment

Haemonculi / liquefier gun, animus vitae / 65 (joins incubi)

5 wracks / liquefier gun, venom, splinter cannon / 125
5 wracks / liquefier gun, venom, splinter cannon / 125

3001pts

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 3k DE skimmer MSU list   3k DE skimmer MSU list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 19:47

Reavers are better with Heat Lances.

20 Hellions is one heck of a blob. Its gunna be a bit unwieldy on the table top.

True Born should never be run with Shredders.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
bork
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 3k DE skimmer MSU list   3k DE skimmer MSU list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 20:14

reavers - i much prefer the caltrops, able to decimate light troops on the flyover and still retain their cover save. in the games ive seen them used with lances they tend to get off their shots and die...if they happen to kill their target which odds are they wont then its a wasted unit. ive also got plenty of anti tank to cover me without making the ravers sacrificial.

hellions - i agree its a bigass unit...15 seems just about right to be effective but cant take many hits without loosing effectiveness. if i didnt invest in the baron id take a smaller unit.

trueborn - have to dissagree here, 4x S6 blasts can and will make a mess of light infantry and also hurt transports and light vehicles or hunt rear armour. the unit is pretty cheap too. i didnt really think i needed a 2nd blasterborn unit, i know its the optimal choice for trueborn but doesnt mean shredders cant work for them. dedicated light troop killers are just as useful as power armour slaying units.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 3k DE skimmer MSU list   3k DE skimmer MSU list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 20:26

This is a world of mech, where you're gunna find that light infantry to strafe is beyond me.

And our entire army line is tooled to AI, you dont need to nerf one of your best AT units to get more AI. And if you're going to then you should be doing with with carbines and the Duke.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
bork
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 3k DE skimmer MSU list   3k DE skimmer MSU list I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 13:27

my local gaming group is the majority light troops with a smattering of vehicles. ork horde army, imperial guard with about 100 bodies and footdar eldar, theres only a BA and SW army which arnt and they dont run with many vehicles so i have plenty of light infantry to fire at.

i realise trueborn are best with blasters...i have a squad there, and theres carbines on the scourge which will likely spend most of their time infantry hunting, their haywires are more oppotunistic than dedicated anti tank. the shredder isnt a bad weapon especially when your facing 30 strong boyz squads. id also have to find another 40pts t equip them with blasters instead.

i appreciate what your saying, the army isnt optimised by any stretch its mostly for fun within my own group. i rarely if ever play outside of it.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 3k DE skimmer MSU list   3k DE skimmer MSU list I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 18:00

What sort of advice would you like?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3k DE skimmer MSU list   3k DE skimmer MSU list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3k DE skimmer MSU list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: