THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses

Go down 
+2
Zenotaph
Ciirian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses Empty
PostSubject: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27 2014, 14:24

So I was looking at the new Wrack kit and thought I'd mention a few of my thoughts about the new kit. It has tons of options and the best bet for now is to wait for the new Codex for how to arm your guys. I always did love Venom Blades - so more of them is always great.

Looking at the Venom pilote torso I was thinking you can probably use it for a Ravager Gunner. The tubes coming out of its back you can have him hardwired into the pod.

With 11 face masks on the kit there will be lots extras. I was thinking about also merging them with Warrior heads (either helmets or plain heads) to make "Coven Warriors" like in that codex artwork.

I'm sure someone with better converting skills then I could pull it off better, but I still wanted to share my ideas about the new kit.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2014, 12:14

You don't have to convert the venom pilot to pilots and gunners. Look at this:
The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses Darkel10

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2014, 14:11

Zenotaph wrote:
You don't have to convert the venom pilot to pilots and gunners. Look at this:
The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses Darkel10

This. This is sexy.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2014, 14:23

My inner flesh artist is purely amazed. The plastic wracks have these arms included.

HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2014, 14:36

That is for the Raider - granted, and the Ravager given it uses the Raider as base - but the Wrack kit does not include options for the Ravager's unique side-mounted guns (The description on the website even specifically states "Raider pilot or gunner".), which is what the OP is about.

Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2014, 16:22

Erebus wrote:
That is for the Raider - granted, and the Ravager given it uses the Raider as base - but the Wrack kit does not include options for the Ravager's unique side-mounted guns (The description on the website even specifically states "Raider pilot or gunner".), which is what the OP is about.

Yes, but I just wanted to make a post about the kit in general and see what others think when getting it.

The box gives you the options; in addition to the regular Wracks to make - a) a Venom Gunner , or b)Raider pilot or c)Raider gunner . It also gives the torso to put a Wrack pilot in a Venom

Just the way the back of the Wrack Venom Pilot is shapped and designed I think with a bit of converting it can become an awesome gunner for a Ravager (cuz they sit down) and its got cool wires and rubes I belive four coming out of his body and out -- could picutre them being connected and the Wrack hardwired into a turret. Further explaining my idea
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 01:17

Speaking of Wrack options, is there anyone with a clear idea about which of the three 'hand' themed weapons are which? I'm not 100% sure which is a flesh gauntlet, which a scissorhand, and which a mindphase gauntlet Embarassed

Also, pretty sure there's a power maul there that the miniatures designer forgot to tell the rulebook author about!

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 02:21

The "power maul" is just a regular close combat weapon - its like a beating stick. They say its that in the WD special game just to add in more explanations of weapons for that mini game. If you look at the old finecast Wracks there is one with that 'power maul" weapon as well and there was no option for it then.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 02:28

Fair enough. Is there a description of which gauntlet is which in the WD also?

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 04:32

The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses Wracks10

IT looks like it goes
Mindphase
Ichor Injector (not available to wracks?)
Flesh gauntlet
Scissor hands.

HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 13:49

The top and bottom pieces are two parts of the scissorhand. The third is the flesh gauntlet, so the second must be mindphase by process of elimination (also looks nothing like an ichor injector).

Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 02:26

Sounds legit.

Thanks guys!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses   The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Wrack Plastic Kit - Its Many Uses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: