THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 00:44

Update on the bottom post of mine.

Dark Artisan

• Heamy+ Sissors, Nightm Doll
  • Chronos+ Spirit Probe
  • Talos+ Chain-flails

Realspace Raiders

• Succubus+ Glaive, the Parasite Kiss, HwG

• 4 Grots+ Agon Aberr
    Raider+ NS, GT, EA
  • 5 Incubi+ Klaivex
    Venom+ SC

• 10 Wyches+ 3x hydras + Agon Heka HwG
    Raider+ NS, GT, EA
  • 5 Warriors+ Blaster
    Venom+ SC

• 3x 3 Reavers+ CC, HL
  • 2x 4 Scourges+ 4HwB

I'm not 100% sure if I need the Glaive Succi with the Incubi.
For one grot, I put in Urien instead of the Succubus, effectively creating a zone of Furious Charge on Turn 3 Assault!

OR the other option I was considering Warlock Council to boost CC and general effectiveness. What I like about them that they offer double choices on the powers. It feels like you can balance out the bad match ups...and with the right drug combination +2 Strength is possible!
The Dark Artisan costed me about 365, what kind of council would that buy?
:Edit: About 7 Warlock Jetbikes with 3 Singing Spears.
That would give me the chance to get each power at least once.
While primaris isn't great, it is some sort of cover removing, so it might boost shooting.
I realised, since we miss any ignore cover shooting, we only have CC left to gain ignore cover.
I'm afraid that 7th Ed is more an 'ignore cover' edition than it is 'pure shooting' for us Dark Eldar.

Ps: Do any flyers have ignore cover? On top of elevated shooting position?

Last edited by El_Jairo on Fri Oct 31 2014, 17:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 06:45

Yes, baledrake >.< if you seercouncil try to get a raider and wwp them in 7lock+seer+Succi/Archon in raider jinxing armors to max 3+ dropping doom or screwing around with misery+mindwar which is fun
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 09:14

Ah right, I forgot that CSM became the Hellturkey delivery race.
Why would you need to Precision DS with the seer council? It is quite pricey and I would like to have psychic support from turn 1.
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 09:45

S9 singing spears destructors psy shriek warlock debuffs scarry and you dont have to buy expensive jets 9*15 points raider gives a measure of defense and pretty assault platform
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 13:04

Right, I forgot about those things, I'll look into this.
Maybe I'll just throw in the Succi, so she can leave and join another unit, when they arrive.

I might totally re-design the list to be able to fit that seer council in.
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 14:00

my first idea was to get some nasty seer drop when i heared fast slot raiders or finnaly try out Tantalus, got sick of invisible seercouncil used it 2 times... and 2nd time opponent surrendered when i got the spell before deploy...
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 11:40

Ok, so I'm not going for a Seer council right now but changing the Succubus for Urien.

I rather want to keep the Grots at 4 pieces. I can drop 1 Incubi, or even 2 and have 5 points spare. I think 4 Incubi can work for size. I'll then remove some Raider upgrades like Grizly Trophies and Enhanced Sails. I would drop GT on Grots' Raider and Sails on the Wyches' Raider.

Another point I'm pondering about: doe the Dark Artisan need a WWP to make the most of their potential?
In my list I selected it to start soaking damage from turn1 onwards. Sadly the Heamy isn't 'moving through cover' and might slow the unit down, and thus reducing it's threat value.

What is your experience on these issues? Rather add Urien for general boosting of the units or add WWP to Dark Artisan to get it where it is needed (from Turn 2 or later)? Both cost the same but it isn't possible to fit in both.

My personal preference goes out to Urien, as he will help with survivability of the RsR detachment and make Turn 3 more important with FC kicking in. This enables all assault units to take on tanks in CC, if I should face a parking lot army.

Also note that I left out AA deliberately as my current meta doesn't care for flyers that much (neither do I).
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 17:53

Update: I miscalculated the cost of Wyches, I made them even more expensive Laughing

Now I made some changes to fit in Urien and put some point costs in there to make sure it all adds up.
I have currently about 1847 points in total.

Dark Artisan 405p

Heamy+ Sissorhand, Stinger Pistol (gun-slinging), Nightm Doll, WWP
Chronos+ Spirit Probe
Talos+ Chain-flails

Realspace Raiders

Urien Rakarth (will join the Grots)

Elite

• 4 Grots+ Scissorhand Aberr 160
    Raider+ NS, EA                       75
  • 5 Incubi+ Klaivex                110
    Venom+ SC                            65

Troops

• 10 Wyches+ 3x hydras + Agon Heka HwG  155
    Raider+ NS, GT, EA                85
  • 5 Warriors+ Blaster              55
    Venom+ SC                           65

FA

• 4x 3 Reavers+ CC, HL           4x 73
  • 2x 4 Scourges+ 4HwB           2x 120

So basically I have an assault heavy army which counts on the Father of Pain bubble to increase it's survivability to get into combat. Dark Artisan can deploy to provide FnP boost and draw fire or DS in if the opponent has big threats to them (I can't come up with some right now but loads graviton or likewise weapons might scare them).
Depending on the opponent Dark Artisan can start on the board to soak wounds or precision Deep Strike to buff FnP where needed.
I know I'm low on AT, especially ranged. I only have Hayscourges for this. I have a low Mech Meta (for now) and I'm counting on pushing my opponents into errors with the 4x 3 Reavers, which can threaten every vehicle in the 40k universe. Furthermore, Grots can put a dent in many vehicles, from Turn 3 they charge with S6, so even rear armour 12 can be tackled.
Another glaring weakness is AA, but here again I don't expect to see any flyers in my meta. And I'm curious if I can take advantage on the mysterious objectives to gain Skyfire.

So my basic strategy is: rush the opponent with as many threats as possible: assault straight up close and personal (behind LoS blocking) and Reavers zooming off to the corners of the field to outflank the opponent if he reacts to tackle my Assault boats or Hayscourges. The Hayscourges are hopping from behind cover on turn 2 to pop a transport if needed, to have the contents assaulted.

Wyches are there because I'm a fan but mainly to be able to lock a shooty unit (in cover) in CC. To hold it for Incubi or Grots charge afterwards. Reavers can help here to take in overwatch fire and Hit & Run if they survive CC.

Do you think this might work in a casual environment or don't you believe that assault has potential in 7th edition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated   1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Dark Artisan + RsR (Casual) Updated
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: