THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Power From Pain Tables

Go down 
+5
Tittliewinks22
shadowseercB
Timatron
Thor665
Dark Lance
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Lance
Hellion
Dark Lance

Power From Pain Tables Empty
PostSubject: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 15:04

Gents,

I note that the DE codex and supplement have different PfP tables.  If you use a formation from the supplement does that PFP table take precedence and effect the entire army?  Are there circumstances when you might have both PfP tables in effect.  Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 16:30

Basically the PfP charts take precedence depending on where you purchased the detatchment.

So, you could be running a CAD out of the core DE Codex, and they would use the PfP chart there, but in the same army you could have bought a Coven formation, and they would use the chart from the Supplement.

Make sense?

Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 17:05

Exactly the same as how any other Command Benefits/Special Rules only confer to the specific Detachment that has them.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 20:13

The supplement is a detachment of its own. You can add this detachment and formations to an existing army. Everything in this detachment or formation/s must use the supplements pfp. So your dark eldar codex are not affected by the supplements

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 21:00

So I assume you can take a Combined Arms Detachment using the Coven Supplement. I'm pretty sure that works because some of the missions in the coven supplement require you to have Razorwings or Voidravens.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 22:20

But the units you can take in a Covens detachment are clearly laid-out. Haemies, Wracks, Grots and Engines only.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 22:27

Tittliewinks22 wrote:
So I assume you can take a Combined Arms Detachment using the Coven Supplement.  I'm pretty sure that works because some of the missions in the coven supplement require you to have Razorwings or Voidravens.

You cannot take a CAD using the supplement because the CAD is a specific detachment with its own restrictions and benefits. The supplement provides other detachments that have their own restrictions and benefits but they are not a CAD.

Dark Lance
Hellion
Dark Lance

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2014, 11:25

Thanks all. Seems very straight forward.
Back to top Go down
Animus12
Slave
Animus12

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 09:06

I may just be dense, but where exactly are these rulings coming from? I poured over my brb several times trying to prove you all correct. The issue is, I can't find where it specifically states that DE units chosen from the codex (CAD or otherwise) will use the pfp chart from the 'dex if (and presumably only if) a coven supplement detachment/formation is included in the army.

My reasoning is as follows: The pfp chart in the supplement states that..."All models with the Power from Pain special rule gain the special rules listed on this table instead of those found in Codex: Dark Eldar, in addition to any other special rules they have. (empahsis mine)" Maybe it's an oversight, but this doesn't specifically exclude models chosen outside the detachment/formation. By contrast, the special rules of both the Orks and Space Puppies supplements go out of their way to mention that they only apply to models in their specific detachments/formations.

Barring any specific evidence to the contrary (and I really hope there is), I'm pretty much forced into the conclusion that any combination of supplement and codex detachments will make us use the supplement chart for all models w/ pfp (including the enemy in a mirror match).
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 09:14

And you ignore

Quote :
HAEMONCULUS COVENS SPECIAL RULES
If you use the Formations or the Covenite Coterie Detachment in this book, the following supplemental special rules apply to all of the units they contain.

because... ?
Back to top Go down
Animus12
Slave
Animus12

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 09:19

Two reasons, specifically:
1) I'm blind, thumbless, and can't read back a page on my e-reader.
2)Refer to the part where I state that both the Ork and Space Wolves supplements go out of their way to state...blah, blah. Point is, they do so in every rule. Coven supplement doesn't, thus the ambiguity.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 11:38

Quote :
So I assume you can take a Combined Arms Detachment using the Coven Supplement.
You cant, you do not have troops choices to qualify for CAD Detachment.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 14:01

Animus12 wrote:
Two reasons, specifically:
1) I'm blind, thumbless, and can't read back a page on my e-reader.
2)Refer to the part where I state that both the Ork and Space Wolves supplements go out of their way to state...blah, blah. Point is, they do so in every rule. Coven supplement doesn't, thus the ambiguity.

Seems pretty clear though. Units in the formations from the supplement use the PfP table from the supplement. No other units have permission to do so.

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 15:30

Indeed Count. That's why giving Fearless works so well, the standard DE 'dex units lose nothing to get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power From Pain Tables   Power From Pain Tables I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power From Pain Tables
Page 1 of 1