THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Syndriiq's Sump?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Syndriiq's Sump? Empty
PostSubject: Syndriiq's Sump?   Syndriiq's Sump? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 17:07

In the Coven Supplement, the Syndriq's Sump relic allows the bearer to choose Poison (4+) each turn as one of the abilities.  This seems kind of odd since the entire army pretty much has Poison attacks already.   It also doesn't say if it applies to the bearer's shooting attacks or close combat attacks, so I am wondering if I purchase it for Urien Rakharth, would this makes his Casket of Flensing a Poison (4+) AP 3 shooting attack?
Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

Syndriiq's Sump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syndriiq's Sump?   Syndriiq's Sump? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 17:18

Urien cannot take any additional wargear as per his entry in the codex dark eldar i believe.
For every normal haemonculus though, i think you've raised a very solid point that i haven't seen mentioned before.
Could be interesting!
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Syndriiq's Sump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syndriiq's Sump?   Syndriiq's Sump? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 18:24

Oh, yeah, I just realized Urien can't take any artefacts or relics.  

But as you point out, for  a Haemonculus, I don't see why this wouldn't work.  It may actually make purchasing a Liquifier for a Haemonculus a worthwhile investment.  

Be interested to hear other's thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

Syndriiq's Sump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syndriiq's Sump?   Syndriiq's Sump? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 21:04

I really, really want this to work, but I don't think it does. The wording of the Poisoned rule is that if it's on the model, it's just for melee attacks, and needs to be on the weapon for shooting attacks.

Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Syndriiq's Sump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syndriiq's Sump?   Syndriiq's Sump? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 21:56

Dammit.  I just re-read the Poisoned rule and you're right.  Sigh.  Oh well, I'll always have those brief couple of hours when I totally thought I figured out a way to make Liquifiers worth taking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Syndriiq's Sump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syndriiq's Sump?   Syndriiq's Sump? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Syndriiq's Sump?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-