THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 1st time poster, long time listener

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OutrunKoil
Hellion
OutrunKoil

1500 1st time poster, long time listener Empty
PostSubject: 1500 1st time poster, long time listener   1500 1st time poster, long time listener I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 23:11

Hi all,

My first post on the Dark City (which is odd, seeing as I've been reading things on here for a while!)

Thought I'd start posting as I've recently gone and got myself some Dark Kin.

So here goes - what do you think?

- Archon: Armour of Misery, Power Sword, Soul Trap (105)

- 5xIncubi in Raider w/DL + NS + Sails (180)

- 10xWyches in Raider w/DL + NS + Sails (180)

- 3 x 5 Kabalites, Sybarite, HWG, blaster in Venom with 2 x SC (405)

- 5 x Kabalites, Sybarite, HWG, blaster in Raider w/DL + NS (145)

- 3 x 3 Reavers, blaster, caltrops (219)

- Razorwing Jetfighter, Splinter Cannon (140)

- Talos with HWB (130)

Plan would be to start with Talos, Reavers and Wyches + Incubi/Archon in Raiders on the board. Grab cover, boost into cover and just generally prepare for beta strike having Talos take initial punishment with Reavers screening if necessary.

Trying to be an all comers list - I'm certainly not 'competitive level'. In two minds about the Talos but from what I've been reading it's certainly worth it!

Any feedback welcome!
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: 1500 1st time poster, long time listener   1500 1st time poster, long time listener I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 23:40

I dont see the point in powerswords unless its on a banshe for technically free S user for eldar is a big lol from other races go ago for easy or husky for lolz pure fun when you oneshot a nurgle biker lord tho new dex makes it harder
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: 1500 1st time poster, long time listener   1500 1st time poster, long time listener I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21 2014, 01:12

Depends who you'll normally be playing against, if all your buddies are guard, tau and eldar then go powersword by all means, but in most other cases agoniser is far better, and when paired with that soul trap it's even better in the former case once you start getting re-rolls from poison.

I don't see the HWG on the sybarites getting used very often, is that the only reason for taking them?

If it is, and this is just personal preference, I'd drop those two and the HWB on the talos (he's only bs3) and take a webway portal (with 5pts remaining) or shadowfield on the archon. You'll still have enough anti-tank left, or so I believe.

But whatever! Best and most fun way to learn is to play the list and see what works. I'm glad you've decided to end the lurk Smile

OutrunKoil
Hellion
OutrunKoil

PostSubject: Re: 1500 1st time poster, long time listener   1500 1st time poster, long time listener I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21 2014, 08:29

Good call - think I will have to swap out that powersword for an agonizer on the points saved from not taking Sybarite/HWG (was indeed for HWG reasons!)

Think I was worried about not having enough AT Wink

Great advice - knew it was worth posting! Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
OutrunKoil
Hellion
OutrunKoil

PostSubject: Re: 1500 1st time poster, long time listener   1500 1st time poster, long time listener I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21 2014, 09:04

I also just realised I've posted this in Tactics not Lists - doh!

What a noob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 1st time poster, long time listener   1500 1st time poster, long time listener I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 1st time poster, long time listener
Page 1 of 1