THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

question on dex PFP table

Go down 
+2
BetrayTheWorld
doomseer11b
6 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

question on dex PFP table Empty
PostSubject: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 02:32

im sure this is elementary, however I have to ask as this will affect my list building. The master of pain rule does not say that it is cumulative with the father of pain and or another haemy with the master of pain rule for that matter..... The only reason I ask is that is specifically states what it is cumulative with, and those arent included. Can someone shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 03:31

doomseer11b wrote:
im sure this is elementary, however I have to ask as this will affect my list building.  The master of pain rule does not say that it is cumulative with the father of pain and or another haemy with the master of pain rule for that matter.....  The only reason I ask is that is specifically states what it is cumulative with, and those arent included.  Can someone shed some light on this for me.  Thanks in advance

Good question!

I'd say that two different "masters of pain" rules stacking is debateable.

However, since father of pain and master of pain are two seperate rules, I'd say their effects are almost undebateably cumulative.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 04:14

The thing is - Father of Pain is just an area affect on Master of Pain - Urien has Master of Pain.

I would presume they do not stack due to the rule that special rules do not stack with themselves, so even if multiple masters of pain are in effect (either through Father of Pain or two Haems in a single squad) you would only benefit once.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 10:00

Thor665 wrote:
The thing is - Father of Pain is just an area affect on Master of Pain - Urien has Master of Pain.

I would presume they do not stack due to the rule that special rules do not stack with themselves, so even if multiple masters of pain are in effect (either through Father of Pain or two Haems in a single squad) you would only benefit once.

That would also be my interpretation - any unit within 12" of Urien is granted the master of pain rule, if you've already got that the benefit is wasted.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 14:50

I almost regret bringing this up now...... However rules are rules. Well still a decent codex but that just definitely popped every balloon in my parade. If this is indeed the ruling. I don't see how it couldn't be though it specifically says what it stacks with. So in this case, I do t have my dex, does multiple chronos benefit off each other? And those around them?

merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 15:30

"The model, and all friendly units with both the Dark Eldar Faction and the Feel No Pain special rule within 6" of one or more models with a spirit probe, receive a +1 bonus to their Feel No Pain (e.g. Feel No Pain would become Feel No Pain (4+). This is cumulative with any other modifiers to Feel No Pain, but cannot improve their Feel No Pain beyond 4+"

I would say that it does not stack with itself.

Fortunately, it only takes one Cronos to get to the FNP 4+.  The only advantage that I can see for taking more than 1 Cronos is to have a back up in case it gets targeted first.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 15:43

The Cronos rule specifically says "one or more models with a spirit probe" so it definitely does not stack with itself.

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 23:54

Oh, didn't look at the wording before. Yeah, Father of Pain just gives "master of pain" effect to everyone in 12", so it'd still be considered master of pain instead of a different special rule. Shame!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question on dex PFP table   question on dex PFP table I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question on dex PFP table
Page 1 of 1