THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials Empty
PostSubject: Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials   Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08 2014, 10:18

Okay... dont let my wife know this, but I have a second love in my life... :-)

I was searching for the perfect snow base tutorial as none of the "baking soda" things work for me as they turn yellow in time and dont look glittery and fluffy enough for me and stumbled upon this wonderful channel, where my prayers were answered.

Hobby Hot Tips

You will find LOADS of tutorials there, one better than the other. This girl really knows her stuff and the materials, effects, techniques, etc.

Hope you will find it useful
Back to top Go down
Zeiph
Slave
Zeiph

PostSubject: Re: Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials   Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 20:06

Whoa, thank you for sharing!
To be honest, chicks are sometimes better painters than men due to the fact that they learn to put on make up at a fairly early age, and most of them master this craft and get a natural talent for it.
Really nice find there mate, thanks again for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials   Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 20:59

Thank you for your apprecitation, but it should really go to miniGirl. I see the "woman's touch" bit differently. There is a joke in my country that sums it up pretty nicely:

A man would say: "Peach is not a colour, but Vodka..."

Meaning that men's perception of colours is usually limited. Most women have innate ability to perceive colours in a way that escapes most men and, pardon me, us nerds and geeks especially. Its all tied to fashion and combinations of materials. Luckily for me, I know quite a few girl geeks and nerds who are happy to give me an honest opinion on my "toy-soldiers-painting". And I mean girls who have a great interest in fashion in general. :-)

But this does not precisely relate to miniGirl who did some of these tutorials as she is really knowledgeable not only in regard to colours, but also materials and how to work with them. All things considered these tutorials are great source of knowledge that can be adapted, built upon and used to improve one's knowledge and THAT makes the rarity of their work.

Notice the templates they (miniGirl and hobbyGuy) use in some tutorials for example.

I myself have a great need of such help as I am not a great sculptor or painter. And by sharing these I hoped to give back a little of what the community has given me in knowledge and inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials   Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Basing/Modelling/Painting Tutorials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: