THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 pts against Tau army of Doom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dragut rais
Slave

1850 pts against Tau army of Doom Empty
PostSubject: 1850 pts against Tau army of Doom   1850 pts against Tau army of Doom I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 09:22

hello fellows archons next friday i'm going against my pal's tau army.
this is my list:
1) Urien leading 2 units of Grotesques in the coven formation Grotesquerie
each unit has got 3 LG and an Abberation

2) 10 Kabalites 1 w blaster in raider w Sr
5 kabalites 1 w blaster in venom w dual SC
5 kabalites 1 w blaster in venom w dual SC
3) 6 reavers 2 culster caltrops 2 blasters
1 venom w dual SC
5 scourges 4HL
4) 1 raveger
5) Dark Artisan formation w spirit probe coming from the WWP
the basic plan is to deploy only the empty venom n waiting for the rest coming from reserves or WWP
Pls give me your feedbacks cause you are far experienced than me.
Greetings to everybody and good sunday. Dragut Rais
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts against Tau army of Doom   1850 pts against Tau army of Doom I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 09:33

Hmmm. Tau. First thing that strikes me as a big no no is deploying only the single venom. Tau have no problem taking out a single venom certainly at that level!

How is the grotesque formation getting into battle? Footslogging them is not advisable as Tau have as standard strength 5 weapons that toughness 5 offers no protection.

Blasters and dark lances are our beat defense against tau battlesuits because we can insta kill them, that is the trick! Think along those lines if your mate plays battlesuits!

I would maybe drop the blasters on the reavers though as they will be jinking most of the time/when Tau allow it, and the points could be used elsewhere perhaps. In the spirit of saving points I would be tempted by dropping Urien in exchange for a regular haemocules perhaps and use the spare points to get some transports for them!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
dragut rais
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts against Tau army of Doom   1850 pts against Tau army of Doom I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 10:53

thank y pal for yr reply. i forgot to write it down but the units of grotesques are both in 2 raiders.
however i can see the point in dropping Urien n capitalize on ,for example, more lances. i did not think about the jinking reavers n probably i will save that points too. my opponent's list is usually full of suits equipped w missiles 3 skyrays n 2/3 riptides n a bunch of multipurpose kroots. in any case i will change my list as per yr suggestions. tks again dragut rais
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts against Tau army of Doom   1850 pts against Tau army of Doom I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 11:37

Yeah Tau are horrible to face and that sounds really horrible with all those missiles. I would certainly utilise blasters if you can, its a tough fight!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
dragut rais
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts against Tau army of Doom   1850 pts against Tau army of Doom I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 12:14

i'll do my best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mahnshooth
Slave
mahnshooth

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts against Tau army of Doom   1850 pts against Tau army of Doom I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 18:08

I had a game against Tau yesterday and the Dark Artisan formation was amazing. WWP, Scissorhand, Liquifer Gun on Haem. Spirit Probe on Cronos. TL HL and Ichor Injection on Talos. These guys will be a regular in my lists...won the game for me in the last turn with a multi-assault.
Back to top Go down
dragut rais
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts against Tau army of Doom   1850 pts against Tau army of Doom I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 18:34

Yeah that's the idea they can absorb damage n delivery a lot of pain. The wwp is just perfect! They can be where needed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts against Tau army of Doom   1850 pts against Tau army of Doom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 pts against Tau army of Doom
Page 1 of 1