THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do Wracks look beneath their masks?

Go down 
+5
The_Burning_Eye
Calyptra
Thor665
Caspaar
Kinnay
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

How do Wracks look beneath their masks? Empty
PostSubject: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 12:13

I'm currently building my 25 Wracks (Scalpel Squadron, 10-man in Raider, 2 extra Acothysts, 3 Haemonculus conversions) and - as I'm cutting them up and reposing everything anyway - I thought about building one that has his weapons impaled in the ground, some gory bit in one hand and his mask in the other, as if he just needed to take a bite of some poor fool or something.

Question 1: Would a Wrack do that? Would he even be able to, seeing as some masks look bolted on, while others look removable? Maybe I could model an Acothyst into that pose, as he could have earned the provilege of removing his mask?

Question 2: How would he look? My first thought was a lidless, noseless, lipless horror with a sunken face and an eternal grin. As far as I know, there's no literature on that and I'd be interested in your opinions!

Question 3: How would I model something like that? Maybe splicing a deamonette head for the eyes with the one from the WHFB Vampire Counts Ghoul King for mouth and nose?

Caspaar
Kabalite Warrior
Caspaar

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 12:36

First of, great idea! Never thought about that.
Concerning question 2: I think there is a story where an Acothyst earns his right to become a Haemonculus, so obviously there bot beyond repair (but then what is beyond repair to a Haemonculus Smile ).
I like the lidless, almost featureless idea, though. I guess the haemunculie keep their wracks featureless and without personality, hence the masks on everything except the haemunculie themselves
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 12:49

Thanks! It has the potential to look great - IF I can pull it off. See how big that "if" is? Yeah. Razz

Okay, so an Acothyst it is.

I think you misunderstood me concerning my vision of the Acothyst's face: lidless, noseless, etc. does -not- mean "featureless". I mean without cartilage and loose skin, as in "Hi, I'm Bob the Acothyst and my master likes me very much, so he has cut off my eyelids, nose and lips. I'm hoping for a raise next."

You know? Big eyes that never close and the nose and mouth of a fleshy skeleton. Similar to this:

Human face without muscles. NSFW? Maybe.

Caspaar
Kabalite Warrior
Caspaar

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 14:08

I understood you perfectly Smile but maybe used the wrong expression. With featureless I meant without individual personality. It would be hard to identify a certain individual if his face would be without eyelids, nose, ears.
Back to top Go down
Caspaar
Kabalite Warrior
Caspaar

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 14:24

I immediately thought of the evil nazi guy from hellboy
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 16:17

I would presume their faces would be similar to the Grots/Wracks of old that lacked helmets. Insomuch as they could range from relatively perfectly normal, to horror show, and everything in between. I reckon it all depends on the Haem in question.

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 17:46

It may be worth noting that the Wracks don't seem to have ears.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 17:48

V for vendetta? That's probably one for spellcheck, the vendetta style mask would look pretty cool I think!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
TheNeonArlecchino
Hellion
TheNeonArlecchino

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2014, 05:03

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
V for vendetta? That's probably one for spellcheck, the vendetta style mask would look pretty cool I think!

It's called a Guy Fawkes Mask.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2014, 22:21

Yes, okay, so we all know what I'm talking about. Wink
How would you realize it on a model though?

TheNeonArlecchino
Hellion
TheNeonArlecchino

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16 2014, 23:22

This may not work but since too much paint obscures details, might that provide the facial effect you're looking for? A thick coat in some places followed by normal painting for the effect.
Back to top Go down
Korwey
Hellion
Korwey

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 00:00

I just have an idea: first paint the face red, then with Blood For The Blood God. Next step is thick coat of Agrellan Earth for the exfoliate skin. To finish just paint the earth color with some skin tone.
I've never try this but the effect may be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 00:53

These are really nice ideas! I hadn't even thought as far as the painting stage, but was still thinking about how to model such a face, but if I ever get as far as painting that model, this is how I'll do it. Smile

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 02:42

Caspaar wrote:
I immediately thought of the evil nazi guy from hellboy

Weird, I thought of this:
How do Wracks look beneath their masks? Sarah+Jessica+Parker+cb7hUZIhnBdm

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 04:14

ESE

How do Wracks look beneath their masks? 05d10

PostSubject: Re: How do Wracks look beneath their masks?   How do Wracks look beneath their masks? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do Wracks look beneath their masks?
Page 1 of 1