THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nurglespuss
Slave
nurglespuss

A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle! Empty
PostSubject: A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!   A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 09:50

Hi all,

I've been toying with various army lists, with good advice of different Dark Eldar users.

My main criteria:

I love the venom models but dislike raiders (would like to convert a grav tank into one but still working this out)

I like small warrior squads, true born, beast masters, scourges, wracks etc. but not a big fan of whyches.

I will include a Talos or Chronos (converted from a wraithlord I think, with Talos bits).

I like the Baron, want an Archon and a Haemonculus.

Pretty basic!

So far I have scourges, a box of warriors, am makin wracks, and have a super secret conversion idea for my Archon (if only I can find a cheap Drhazar model!).

Anyway, 1000pts, of fast, small squads, 'possibly' with retro boosters on vehicles so they can deep strike?

Not sure if I want Incubi...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!   A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:08

I'm a little dense - so I think I'm missing the question.
None of your desires look unreasonable (except wanting 3 HQ slots, so you'll always have to leave at least one at home) if you clarify the question for the slow amongst us I could probably help more.

Back to top Go down
nurglespuss
Slave
nurglespuss

PostSubject: Re: A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!   A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:15

LOL your not slow at all!!

I've re-read that post and I was completely rambling!!

To clarify:

For now; I want 1000pts of fast small squads.

I'm avoiding raiders/ravagers if possible because I don't fancy making/painting/transporting those models.

I want to include a Talos or Chronos (for now, I've just bought the old metal one Very Happy as I always wanted that model but didn't like the rest of the range) but later, will be mashing a wraithlord and talos/chronos bits together.

I want the army led by an Archon or the Duke.
I also want a Haemonculous.

I want scourges (as I love the models) and reavers.

Finally all the troops will be in venoms with retro boosters (possibly) especially if I don't unclude the Duke (I know I lose out on his other abilities if i used him in this type army).

I would also like a heavy squad of incubi (possibly) as its an opportunity for me to convert 'evil' aspect warriors.

I'll re-edit this shortly as soon as I construct the type of list I'm going for, then perhaps you could critique it but keep its character?

Thanks for the patience!!

---heres the sort of things I would like to see:

Duke Sliscus the serpent 150
Or
Archon: Venom blade, haywire grenades, Clone field, blaster: 100 (not sure if should also have ghosplate)
Haemonculous; liquefier gun 60
Incubi (4): 88 (if I take these to go with Archon in a venom)
Venom: retrofire jets, night shields, splinter cannon: 80
Wracks (9):, liquefier: 100 (to go with haemonculous in raider (if I can find a good conversion idea))
Raider: retrofire jets, night shield: 75
Kabalite true born (4), 2 blasters: 78 (in a venom with archon if I don’t use incubi)
Kabalite warriors (5); blaster: 60 (in venom)
Kabalite warriors (5); blaster: 60 (in venom)
Scourges (5); blaster, haywire blaster: 135
Beastmaster: 2 razorwing flocks: 42
Reavers (5): heat lance: 122
Talos: twinlinked liquefier, additional close combat weapon: 120

I don't want to run 'venom spam' (or whatever flavour it is) but can' imagine anything in the army being on foot (unless it were to enter from webway portals!):

Anyway, based on those type of units, which is the cheaper option Sliscus or retro jets? and what can I cram in in that 1000pts!!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!   A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:43

On a pure tactical level here's my thoughts;

Sliscus is the way to go if you want DS, as he'll allow shooty units to get out of transports and shoot the turn they arrive - and if you're paying for Blasters you'll want to do this methinks.

Sliscus does not combo that well with Incubi...then again, Incubi don't combo well in a Deep Strike list (neither does a Talos, the Beastmasters, or, really, the Wracks.)

Considering what you want to field I would probably go with a non-DS list, and that way you get to field almost everything you wish to and will have it be more competitively viable.

You don't really have enough stuff to justify a WWP...though if you did some adjusting and maybe had the Wracks coming out of it too...maybe. I'd probably just footslog with the Talos - he can run and is tough as nails, and your opponent will have a lot of threats, and generally speaking you'll be happy when the Talos absorbs some enemy shooting in any case.

Couple of quick unit comp thoughts;

I think 2x Haywire Blasters is better for the Scourges than 1 HB and 1 Blaster - Haywires serve a useful purpose, and you really kind of want two of them to maximize that use.

3x Trueborn w. 3x Blasters is barely any more expensive than 4x Trueborn w. 2x Blasters and is a lot more deadly - I'd strongly encourage the shift.

You're so close to 6x Reavers, which would give you access to 2x Lances. Frankly I'd probably trim the Reavers back to 3x - since clearly they're just a suicide tank hunter anyway, and trust me - 2 additional Reavers does not make the squad any tougher to kill.

Hope some of that helps,
Thor.

Back to top Go down
nurglespuss
Slave
nurglespuss

PostSubject: Re: A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!   A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:49

Thanks thats great advice! Very Happy

I wish an Archon could take scourge wings (to give him a jump pack) that would have made life easier for me! ;P
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!   A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 00:20

I miss my Jet Bike Archon. Evil or Very Mad

As for the list. Listen to Thor. He has the right idea.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!   A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A model makers Dark Eldar... that can also win the odd battle!
Page 1 of 1