THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models

Go down 
+7
Tengu
Jimsolo
Rokuro
Epimetheus
melkorthetonedeaf
commandersasha
The Shredder
11 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 17:55

Anyone know of cheap alternatives for Talos or Cronos models?
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 16:59

My Archon, with two Taloi. I like steampunk.
£35 in plastic, although mine are the older metal ones.

(For accuracy, to get my models, imagine this set with shoddier painting)

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models P1000370
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29 2014, 17:20

I've been thinking about this:Alternative Talos/Cronos Models 34077_Leviathan_WEB

Cryx has lots of fun alternatives for us.

Hellion
Epimetheus

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 12:44

i am absolutely thinking of using the plague drones with talos bits to make corpsethief but id rather not tell you that since its an awesome idea
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 21:03

I was thinking about alternative Talos/Cronos models for my "Exodite allies", but those aren't exactly cheap: High Elf Dragons, Stegadons and Bastiladons, also classic Carnosaurs and LotR Dragons and Cave Dragons.
Taking the old "lizard rider" concept to the next level. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 00:04

Crux models are alternatives, but just about as expensive.

You know you can get a second engine from the GW Kit for $16 or so. The only bits you need for both, really, are the torso/carapace, which Horde o Bits sells for like sixteen bucks.

My favorite, though, is old metal Wraithlords. They have a similar profile, and once outfitted with the chains, spikes, blades and skulls every DE player's bitz box is filled with, they look really awesome!
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 02:01

I like to think i do my part to keep hoardobits in business.

Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 17:25

Ive got some old metal wraithlords. Ill sort them out
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 17:49

Jimsolo wrote:
Crux models are alternatives, but just about as expensive.

You know you can get a second engine from the GW Kit for $16 or so.  The only bits you need for both, really, are the torso/carapace, which Horde o Bits sells for like sixteen bucks.  

That's rather cunning.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 19:56

Jimsolo wrote:
You know you can get a second engine from the GW Kit for $16 or so.  The only bits you need for both, really, are the torso/carapace, which Horde o Bits sells for like sixteen bucks.

Don't forget the pelvis and those vial pods that attach to it though.
Back to top Go down
solar shock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 12:46

For my Cronos and Talos that I will be converting up (soon I hope! - got soo many kits for Xmas but no time to convert).

I have 1 talos kit and.....
Alternative Talos/Cronos Models Warhammer-fantasy-battle-morghast-archai-harbingers-16965-1-1000x1000

They are intended to fit with my undead/hallucenating army theme, but since looking at the sprues they are oh so tasty! The wings, with a bit of work, reversed will be my spirit siphon, being drawn into a hand, I may add another model to the base to show the bodies essence being drained. But the weapons just look brutal, they have such an aura of silent death approaching that I think fits so well with the talos ideas.

Also this stems from not typically liking the the talos models, as in the lore talos come in so many variations, except the GW model is like whats considered common place. I just dislike the tail mostly truth be told.
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 17:18

Depending if you like the retro look (and heavy models) there are still a few of the really old triangular metal Talos knocking about on ebay for cheap.  It's pretty easy to strip the paint off the old metal models and then start again.

commandersasha wrote:
My Archon, with two Taloi. I like steampunk.
£35 in plastic, although mine are the older metal ones.

Also loving the steampunk vibe, but it wouldn't really fit with my army. Where are those models from?

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 20:57

Oh my, Solar shock he is scary. Who is he?

I will admit too, I dont like the talos figure...the old metal one is more to my likes.

(No plans for any coven for my army, I am so lame...)
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 21:03

Tengu wrote:
Oh my, Solar shock he is scary.  Who is he?

A Morghast, one of GWs newer models for Nagash's undead army.
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Morghast-Archai

Plastikente wrote:
Also loving the steampunk vibe, but it wouldn't really fit with my army.  Where are those models from?

Those are from Warmachine. Not sure what they are called and which faction they belong to though, I don't play that game.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 21:53

Just started Warmahordes and they look like Khador to me. Couldn't tell you what models though.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 21:42

A Carnifex torso and tail will work just fine, too, and it makes for a slightly larger, more menacing presence on the battlefield.  All you need then are a head/helmet, some tentacles (perhaps not quite as many as this guy), and whatever arms and weapons you want to include.

As Jimsolo mentioned, you can use the extra bits from one kit to complete a second model.

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models Crono-fex2

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models Crono-fex1

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models Crono-fex3

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models Cronoscomparison1

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models Cronoscomparison2

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 23:01

I really like that Carnifex conversion. As you say, it certainly has a menacing bulk.

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Talos/Cronos Models   Alternative Talos/Cronos Models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Talos/Cronos Models
Page 1 of 1