THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250 list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Piko
Slave
Piko

1250 list Empty
PostSubject: 1250 list   1250 list I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14 2014, 18:20

Curious if this looks any good
points 1249
HQ:
-Archon 180
Huskblade
Webway portal
shadowfield
Blaster
Haywide grenades
-Succubus - 135
Achite Glave
Webway portal
haywire grenades
Elite:
-Mandrakes X10 -120

Troop:
-Kabalite warriorsX10- 180
Syrabite-haywire
Blaster
raider-lance

-kabalite warriorsX10- 180
syrabite-haywire
Blaster
raider-lance

fast
-reavers X3 - 73
Caltrops
heat Lance
-reavers X3 -73
Caltrops
Heat Lance
-Reavers x3 - 73
Caltrops
Heat lance
-scourges x5 -120
Heat Lance X4
Heavy Support:
-Ravager - 115
Disintegrator Cannons X2
Dark Lance

Any advice? current plan is to have archon deep strike with scourges, and Succubus with the mandrakes into cover
Back to top Go down
High Archon Kraillach
Slave
High Archon Kraillach

1250 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 list   1250 list I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17 2014, 12:14

Interesting looking list, personally I am enjoying the number of Reavers and the pimped Archon, but I would change one or two things;

1) I would change the Mandrakes for something far more useful (unless you wanted them in there for fluff or bants) because they are a bit of a waste of points. I've just got into using Grots and they are easily the best choice for CC in this codex. And I would park the Archon in a Raider with these to give a boost to Ld. Also you can get the liquifiers out and have a pretty deadly gun boat with even more terrifying CC when the Raider is finished.
2) Sybarites... Generally find them a waste of points as well, even though they give you Haywire grenades. The way I see it with Kabalites is that you run them in a transport so they don't have to foot slog and I would never send a unit of them within grande range of a tank. You could use the points more effectively on other things like more lances for your Ravager. Alternatively whack some splinter racks/a splinter cannon in each Raider/unit.
3) Reavers. Only comment here is that you've got lots of small units, which could be the way you play, but I would normally run six man squads of Reavers so you have a little more kick when they shoot and charge. Saying that, they are a bit more difficult to hide in cover, but they normally get the job done being the larger unit for me.
4) Scourges. I'm half tempted to say ignore the Grots suggestion from above and lose a unit of Reavers to get another unit of these guys. Absolutely love them and they have won me so many games. Normally go with two units of five, first with four blasters and second with four haywire, but heat lances are also a very good shout seeing as they can deep strike so close. Definitely consider another unit.
5) Ravager. As I mentioned above, always get three lances on these, on average two will hit the target and one will do something, be it glance or pen. You've got enough anti infantry with Splinter weaponary.

I'm interested to see how the Succubus works out as I have never played one in this Codex, but previously Codex she did steal the show when I ran her so no comments there!

Hope this is helpful.

HAK

SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion
SaturdayNightWrist

1250 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 list   1250 list I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17 2014, 20:51

I love reavers and use them a lot so firstly, take the heat lances off, reavers are all about moving fast, jinking, and getting those rending hammer of wraths.
Spend the points on splinter racks or night shields on your raiders.
Back to top Go down
Piko
Slave
Piko

1250 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 list   1250 list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18 2014, 20:31

Match has happened, ended up scouring with vanguard deployment, and ended in a draw,

reason for the mandrakes is partly, I own the models and wanted to try them out. They handled decently, landed them and took out some thunderwolf cavalry, but most were wiped when a drop pod with a squad with a flamer landed next to them.

The reavers became high priority and were wiped, lost one squad against murderfang, another to a rune priest.

The syrabite with haywire paid off though, one of the kabalite squads took an objective in cover, and the grenade stripped the last hull point off murderfang. Other one knocked hull points off drop pods holding objects after the rest of the squad was killed off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1250 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 list   1250 list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250 list
Page 1 of 1