THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 DE vs Orks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corbulo
Slave

1500 DE vs Orks Empty
PostSubject: 1500 DE vs Orks   1500 DE vs Orks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 17:45

Hey guys,

I had my first 1500 pt game this past Friday vs one of my buddies who has been playing Orks a very long time and I thought I'd share the out come with you.

I have played DE for a long time on and off so I know they are a glass cannon type of army. Now that the new dex has been out for a while I wanted to try a very shooty DE list before I start getting involved with the covens and wyches.

With out any further ado, here is my list:

HQ: Haemonculus - 65 pts - Venom Blade, Casket of Flensing
Elite: 5 Kabalite Trueborn - 175 pts - Dark Lance x2 w Venom - Splinter Cannons x2
Elite: 7 Kabalite Trueborn - 129 pts - Shardcarbine x5, Splinter Cannon x2
Elite: 7 Kabalite Trueborn - 134 pts - Dark Lance x2
Troops: 19 Kabalite Warriors - 210 pts - Splinter Cannon x2, Sybarite
Troops: 5 Kabalite Warriors - 110 pts w Venom - Splinter Cannons x2
Heavy Support: Ravager - 115 pts - Flickerfield

Total Roster Cost: 1498

And my opponent:

Orks
HQ: Big Mek - Kustom Force Field
Elite: 8 Lootas
Elite: 8 Lootas
Troops: 27 Boyz, Nob - Bosspole; Power Klaw;
Troops: 27 Boyz, Nob - Bosspole; Power Klaw;
Troops: 26 Boyz, Nob - Bosspole; Power Klaw;
Troops: Deff Dread - Dreadnought CCW x4
Heavy Support: 3 Killer Kans - Grotzooka x3
Heavy Support: 3 Killer Kans - Rokkit Launcha x3
Heavy Support: 3 Killer Kans - Kustom Mega-Blasta x3

Mission: Annihilation & Pitched Battle

Roll of to see who goes first. Me: 6, him: 2. I elect to go first (but of course Smile)

The table is decorated with a bunch of Ork terrain that another Ork buddy of mine made, it's all great stuff and it is fitting for our battle. It is scattered though out the table with there being at least two medium sized area terrain settings for both my opponent and I.

Setup: I setup my ravagers with one on the left, mid and right all behind buildings, my 5 venoms are also evenly distributed throughout the table trying to find cover behind what buildings remain and the ravagers. I have setup my infantry on the right/mid (20 warriors) with my TB with DLs in a piece of area terrain with my HQ to the right of them and 7 TB inbetween. He does similar, putting his HQ in the mid for maximum cover saves, kans in front, lootas in buildings and troops behind the kans and dread in the mid.

Turn 1

Since he was unable to capture the initiative I moved out my vehicles and started shooting. I started off good with my first venom killing 4 lootas on my left (he went to ground), another loota died to another venom. I killed some orks on the right and I killed 3 lootas from his other squad (them going to ground as well). I was able to get 1 cannot shoot on a kan from my ravager fire and that's it. He takes LD tests for the lootas, the one on the left runs off the table but the other one holds.

On his turn he advances (Of course) by running his Orks, getting a 2, 2 and 4. Only one squad of kans is in range to shoot and they shoot at one of my ravagers but I block it with my 5+ Smile Other wise I am unscathed.

Turn 2

I move around slightly but never forward (except for my TB with shard carbines) and start shooting again. I get his last loota squad down to only 2 boys and I finally kill a kan and it kills 3 Ork boyz standing around it from the explosion. I also manage to stun another one. During this turn I must have rolled to hit with 8 shots on my vemons, only to wound 2 about 3 times. I kill a few more Orks on the right (3). His lootas pass their Ld test and stick around (he rolled a 7).

On his turn he advances again and runs with his orks infantry, advancing slightly. He is almost in range with his Grotzooka kans but not quite close enough to hit me. He shoots the lootas (getting 1 shot each) but they fail to do anything.

Turn 3

I move forward with my TB with shard carbines and I'm in range to shoot with them. I open up again with everything and I manage to kill 4 more orks on the right, destroy a kan with missile and my TB with carbines kill a few more orks. I fire at the last 2 lootas with 1 venom, he goes to ground and they are fine.

On his turn he advances and he uses his Waggggh! He shoots with is rokkit kans and immobilizes my ravager on the far left and only one squad is able to make it to my lines. He does a dual assault and hits my TB with carbines and my TB with HQ in the building (Doh!). I'm not 100% sure but he hits them with about 15 orks. The DE strike 1st and kill 2 orks, the Haemonculus failing to hit with any of his attacks. In turn I loose all the TB with the carbines and 2 more TB with from the squad attached to the HQ. So needing snake eyes to stay in it... that is what I roll. LOL

Turn 4

My TB in the middle with DLs kill his Dread (thank goodness!) and he looses pretty much his entire middle squad of orks with his HQ from venom fire. I am also able to get a wreck on another kan.
He takes LD on his lone Mekk and he runs off away. In the assault I'm pretty much writing off the squad in assault with the orks but you won't believe what happens. I kill 2 orks with the TB, the Haemonculus hits 3 times and wounds 3 times. So I kill 5 orks, he kills 1 TB, he takes LD (he is at 8 now), fails, boss poles an ork, he dies and fails LD again. We test initiative and I roll higher running down the orks. Wow!

His turn, he assaults my immobilized ravager and kills it (wreck) and blows off a splinter cannon on one of my venoms and calls the game. I had 4 KPs and he had 2. But with 2 main ork mobs gone, I can just fly away and shoot so it's GG.

I like this list, I'll try it again so more but I like it.

Thanks for reading.

Corb
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1500 DE vs Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Orks   1500 DE vs Orks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 18:03

Good battle report. I think I would like a pic of that board though, I love flavored terrain, always better than the stale buildings we have at our LGW Razz

I would like to point out that your list is geared towards AI, and by the looks of it you picked right, as he had almost no vehicles. I would try and get a different perspective and try to find an opponent running all mech next, and see how the list fares.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

1500 DE vs Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Orks   1500 DE vs Orks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 18:10

That was *terrible* luck for the Ork player in that assault (7 Orks and a Klaw Nob kill 1 Trueborn in assault - mathhammer suggests 7.8 dead from the Boyz alone (about 4 if that squad had FNP), not even using the Klaw). He also made a tactical error in going to ground with Lootas, in my opinion, though that was very smart shooting on your part.

I'm sad you never managed your Casket.

I'll note again my thoughts about that Shardcarbine Trueborn squad - you got off one round of shooting and a few dead Orks with them - compare that to the performance of your Venoms. The mobility and ability to control range is huge. Then compare that to the cost of comparable units.

Back to top Go down
Corbulo
Slave

1500 DE vs Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Orks   1500 DE vs Orks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 21:57

Agreed that it was terrible luck for him in the assault. But Even if he did kill the remaining TB and the Haemon. the squad would have been out in the open. It would have had a squad of 20 warriors rapid firing into it, as well as 2 more venoms with their 5 man teams rapid firing into them too. They would have been a non factor. They would have given him 2 extra KPs but that is about it.

It is my belief that every list, no matter how competitive has to have at least one fun unit in it. Mine are the TB with carbines. They only cost 20 more pts than a venom with 5 warriors. Smile
At the local tournament here I'll get extra pts for a good paint job and conversions. I'll use warrior bodies, scourges shard carbines and dark elf corsair parts on them. Smile

I'm sad about not being able to use the Casket too. The last game I got a chance to use it (a fun game at 1250) I rolled 10 shots @ S2 and AP4, shooting at marines. If it was S4 and AP2 it would have been nice. Smile

Corb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500 DE vs Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Orks   1500 DE vs Orks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 DE vs Orks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids