THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept Empty
PostSubject: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 05:23

I am curious as to whether or not a flyer can choose to jink if hit by a vector strike or intercept attack. The intercept attack being made by the swooping hawks.

I know you don't get a cover save via vector strike. Just curious if you can jink is all.

By my understanding you could not chose to jink v.s. an intercept attack as the attack isn't specifically targeting the flyer with a shooting attack. Seems you just chose a flyer that you moved over at the end of the movement phase to be hit by haywire.

The wording says.

Intercept: "At the end of the movement phase, a model with this special rule can make one Attack against an enemy flyer or FmC that it moved over that turn. The attack hits on a 4+ and is resolved at st4 ap4 with the haywire special rule. Flyers are hit on their side armour.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 07:52

You couldn't Jink because you need to be the target of a shooting attack and Vector Strike is not a shooting attack.

Quote :
When a unit with any models with the Jink special rule is selected as a target for a shooting attack,

colinsherlow wrote:
I know you don't get a cover save via vector strike. Just curious if you can jink is all.

In any event, Jink is a cover save so what's the point?

colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 07:59

More curious about the hawks intercept

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 09:09

Again, it's not specified as a shooting attack so no jink.

colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 17:52

Thanks

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 18:50

Not to bring up old debates, but if swooping hawks and vector strike aren't classified as shooting attacks, then a bombing run shouldn't be either.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 20:03

Debates are good. That's kind of what this section is for.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 21:47

Anyone interested in that particular issue can find details here. Brace yourselves!

shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 05:13

Tittliewinks22 wrote:
Not to bring up old debates, but if swooping hawks and vector strike aren't classified as shooting attacks, then a bombing run shouldn't be either.

Page 40 states a bomb is a shooting attack.

But I would like it not to be. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept   vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vector strike and swooping hawks Intercept
Page 1 of 1