THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos pain engine

Go down 
+5
The PayneTrayn
thenick18
@miral
Woozl
Deadpool81
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadpool81
Slave
Deadpool81

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 23:29

I have the new codex and I am a confused veteran guard player.

The codex says two close combat weapons.

With a base of 3, let's assume you give the Talos no upgrades.

Does it then get 3+ one for each close combat weapon? For a total of 5 plus one if charging?

Making it six on a charge?

Or If you do replace one close combat arm with say an injector you would lose 1 attack but benefit from Ichor injector rule. Making it 3 base, 1 for close combat , and one for charging?

Thanks for any help
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior
Woozl

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 23:36

3 base,
1 for dual weapons (total, any upgrades on the talos don't change this) (you don't get 1 additional for each weapon, only a bonus of 1 if you have two CCWs),
1 for charge.
Back to top Go down
Deadpool81
Slave
Deadpool81

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 00:06

So the only benefit to having two close combat weapons, usually entries only say close combat weapon.

Is you replace one with whatever toy you choose and still have close combat weapon to add another attack?
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior
Woozl

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 00:34

Yes, the only benefit is the +1 attack, beyond what "A" says in the model's codex entry.

Usually units with 2 CCWs have an upgrade replace one of the CCWs. So you still get the +1 bonus, you just also pay for the benefit of that special weapon.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 11:47

Er- the liquifier does not count as a CC weapon, the chain flail and Ichot Injector do. I thought you get the +1 only if you have 2 CC weapons/1CC+pistol? So no bonus with the Liquifier? Please proove me wrong!
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 11:51

Agree with @miral.
Back to top Go down
The PayneTrayn
Hellion
The PayneTrayn

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 12:29

No bonus with the liquifier gun, as it is neither a pistol nor a CCW.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 12:31

Don't the chain flail and Ichor injector have weapon profiles? Which means they are CCWs?
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 12:33

I think thr profiles even inclode the word "close combat weapon", but not in the liqu's profile and therefore no bonus. But i don't have the codex with me atm... Sad
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 15:11

They're usually now referred to as melee in the weapon profile.

But basically.
3 attacks base
+1 attack for having 2 or more close combat weapons provided you don't take the liquifier gun
+1 attack for charging.

Note that chain flails and ichor injectors have special rules that apply to all the attacks if you choose to use that weapon in a particular round of combat.

Note also that as the Talos has the smash USR - all close combat attacks made by it, including those that benefit from the special rules for chain flails or the ichor injector, are made at AP2 (so yes, the ichor injector really does wound on 2's causing instant death on 6's with only Invulnerable saves capable of saving the target). This doesn't mean the talos can take on a wraithknight and expect to win...

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 18:38

pistols coapistols coast close combat weapons and you may replace a pistol ford additional weapon if able. Meaning an Archon can have both a husk blade and an agoniser....should you want a hand to hand death star.
Back to top Go down
Deadpool81
Slave
Deadpool81

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 19:48

True an archon can have an agoniser and a husk blade. But you can only add the effects of one weapon in close combat. Kinda making it redundant and situational to need to carry both
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 19:58

I was just making an example. Makes soulstone more valuable because you go squad hunting with small weapons and killing small characters to gain strength. Then use the husk blade big threats once strong enough. Maybe even A wraithknight. Just an example. Not saying go do it.
Back to top Go down
Deadpool81
Slave
Deadpool81

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 21:01

That sounds cool in theory..but me thinks an archon is much to squishy. I know squishy when I see it being a guard player.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 21:40

Example. Not saying do it. He is squishy
Give him blaster and let him shoot and stay away
Back to top Go down
Aroban
Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2015, 22:12

Don't forget hammer of Wrath

Talos pain engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos pain engine   Talos pain engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos pain engine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: