THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dread Fleet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 21:06

If you don't know what it is then head over to GW's site or any of the mainstream forum's rumour sections to find out more.

Anyone excited by this? I'm really not that enthused. It seems ok and until I play it I don't think I can comment fully on it. The models are nice and I am thinking of using parts to make a BFG Dark Eldar fleet. Think I'll pick up two, one was going to be used to sell on eBay but I don't see the prices going high any time soon: Space Hulk had such a high sell on value due to it's compatability with 40k. I don't see these leading the way on eBay any time soon.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 22:19

Old Shatter Hands over at The Tau of War Blog said it best IMO.

"So instead of spending their time writing a new Tau Codex, they have released a limited edition pirate game for 115 dollars. Excellent. That is just what the community has been begging for.

Now tell me, how is this game better than the Pirates of the Crimson Coast game, where in you don't spend over 100 dollars to play? Oh wait, that game is out of production, right? Yeah and so will Dreadfleet very shortly. In fact, it's intended to be that way.

Jeez, would you get on with a Tau codex already? At least give us a PDF update.

That is all."

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 23:17

Well, Mechagodzilla Kraken looks cool... kinda.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 00:21

Excited? No. Disappointed? Absolutely.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Baraccas
Slave
Baraccas

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 04:49

I'm not dumping money into a game they won't support or expand in the very near future. If I wanted to do naval combat I'd look into Distopian Wars first. I wonder how much is just a re-hash of Man 'O War (which I was in the hobby way back when it came out and even played it)

Waste of time and resources, unfortunately people will blindly gobble it up and only convince GW to do this more often.

Last edited by Baraccas on Sun Sep 18 2011, 04:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wargamerhub.com
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 04:52

I think the biggest problem with this is the same problem with Horus Heresy. Its a stand alone game, with no other support or use. At least Space Hulk had models that could be transferred to 40k.

GW considers themselves a model company first. Well maybe they should stick to that.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 10:41

Baron Tordeck wrote:
GW considers themselves a model company first. Well maybe they should stick to that.

Or maybe they should be full-time model AND gaming company? Even 40k (ruleset + codices) is kinda... lame.
I don't know why they can't work with fanbase like PP do.

Baron Tordeck wrote:
I think the biggest problem with this is the same problem with Horus Heresy. Its a stand alone game, with no other support or use. At least Space Hulk had models that could be transferred to 40k.

But totally agree with that one and Baraccas post. There are better/cheaper stand alone games, as well as whole rulesets. I would like to see re-launch of Battlefleet Gothic or something like that, only in WFB.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 15:14

Local_Ork wrote:
Baron Tordeck wrote:

Or maybe they should be full-time model AND gaming company? Even 40k (ruleset + codices) is kinda... lame.
I don't know why they can't work with fanbase like PP do.

I ment by that, that they should stay away from poking their noses in the board game department and stick to what they know.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 17:15

Well, 40k and WFB is not even close to my definition of "good" wargaming system either :/

While they does seems to get better... still "meh".

I also don't mind good board game (...Blood Bowl.), unless it's expensive and have bad models. Space Hulk's Terminators and Genestealers were IMHO good models, worth their price even as "stand alone product".
But whose ships? Nah, they mostly look terrible (when compared to what You could get for that price from real model company) and I think they also cost way too much (for how they look).

Dread Fleet Pic467081_md

It's metal. And cost about 14$ (about 9 GBP). If You would add photoetched ropes...

http://www.rodlangton.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dread Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dread Fleet   Dread Fleet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dread Fleet
Page 1 of 1