THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors

Go down 
+2
Thor665
Bugs_N_Orks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors   Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04 2015, 19:01

With the addition of the Aspect Host formation it's become super easy to add in a few select squads to plug gaps or get some extra utility units.  The only problem is that they're lame craftworlders, I'm not really fond of their fluff and even with a matching paint job they just don't fit the aesthetics of DE army, so of course they'll need to be redesigned Twisted Evil

First up, swooping hawks:  Pretty straight forward, Kabalite Legs (since the actual Hawk models have their feet on the ground), Scourge torso (with only bird wings being used), Kabalite helmets with topknots (not Scourge since I want them to be easier to tell apart in case I field both), and for their gun I wanted something distinct so I went with a Shredder with the barrel replaced by a DL and the tip of a splinter rifle.
Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors Image412

Next Howling Banshees:  I wanted the running wyche pose, but wyches only have 1 armored leg which wouldn't do for banshees and their 4+ armor, so I took an extended armored wyche leg and paired it to a curled back scourge leg and I'm pretty happy with the result.  Other than that there's a Kabalite pistol arm (needs armor so cant use wyches), I'll be using the Wyche power swords and Scourge Venom blades (with the poison channel cut back to look more like a power sword) and be putting them on wyche arms with various poses, and then Hellion heads for the banshee mask (there's only really one female hellion head I like, so I'll probably make a "stamp" cast of just the mask and use it to model hellion masks onto female wyche/kabalite heads)
Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors Image511
Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors Image610

Warp Spider:  Kabalite legs, Crypt ghoul torso, Talos tail armor, and a shredder.  I originally conceived this guy a while ago for use as an ally for a coven themed army (hence the wrack mask) but I'm thinking of going with the masked reaver/venom pilot heads instead to make him look more Kabal-ish.  I'll probably end up sculpting some armor onto sides/back of the torso as well.
Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors Image711

Fire Dragons:  Don't have pictures for these guys but they're kabalites with Dark Elf Corsair cloaks and guns made from dark lances with the barrel removed (so they look like beefier blasters). then the heads will be the more dragony looking kabalite heads (mostly just the one with two big sideways horn looking things for the exarch).

And finally Striking Scorpions:  I'm playing with two options for the legs, either cutting and reposing the Kabalite legs into a crouching position or doing a similar running pose like the banshees (or maybe a mix of both along with some standard Kab legs).  Hydra gauntlets for their weapons (since they look awesome (but are so very terrible), and the more insectoid looking Kabalite heads (I'm going to sculpt their helms to have an old school incubi tormentor helm look to represent both their pistol and the scorpion sting).
Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors Image312
Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors Image110
Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors Image112

Last edited by Bugs_N_Orks on Tue Aug 04 2015, 19:29; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors   Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04 2015, 19:15

I am a fan of this - especially liking the Banshees.

Back to top Go down
jables
Slave
jables

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors   Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04 2015, 19:28

These look amazing, I like the Swooping Hawk, and I'm hoping there will be photos of the Fire Dragons in the future.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors   Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 06:29

I love it!

I particularly like the menacing pose of the second Scorp. I do hope you post some pics when you have them painted.

I wonder if Incubi would make a solid base for Dark Reapers, with their heavy armour etc?

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors   Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 10:07

I'm making some Swooping Hawks of my own. I'm actually using the Scourge models entirely (with only bird wings) as I'm converting my actual Scourges instead. I want my SH's to be posed in the air so need the Scourge bodies for that.

One option for adding to the Swooping Hawk look would be to use helmet plumes from the old 3rd edition warriors sprue - long horsehair plumes that you can stick to the backs of helmets.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors   Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 12:51

Don't you have a lot of wasted material? Since you won't use the bare foot legs of the scourges for example. Otherwise, they look awesome. Especially the banshee. But I'm not sold on the Warp Spider yet

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors   Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 16:51

Thanks for all the comments! It might be a little while until can complete all of them (getting my hands on 8-10 sets of hydra gauntlets/20ish shredders/etc. isn't as simple as I thought scratch ). If anyone else is working on the same type of thing I'd love to see them (I partly made this thread because I googled various iterations Dark Eldar Aspect conversions and didn't really find much).

Demantiae wrote:
I'm making some Swooping Hawks of my own. I'm actually using the Scourge models entirely (with only bird wings) as I'm converting my actual Scourges instead. I want my SH's to be posed in the air so need the Scourge bodies for that.

One option for adding to the Swooping Hawk look would be to use helmet plumes from the old 3rd edition warriors sprue - long horsehair plumes that you can stick to the backs of helmets.
For the exarch I'll probably trim the feather mohawk from one of the scourge heads and put it onto the Kabalite sybarite head or something similar (I mostly just want to stay away from the scourge masks since they're pretty distinctive and I don't want to confuse people), and I'll probably mix in some standard scourge legs and some other poses to give the squad a more dynamic look.

Since I'm going with only bat type wings for the scourges (and some Tyranid Gargoyle wings for variety) I was thinking of using totally different heads since the bird ones don't really make sense. Leaning towards Dark Elf Sisters of Slaughter masks for a sort of baroque gargoyle look, and then posing them perched on pieces of ruins.

CptMetal wrote:
Don't you have a lot of wasted material? Since you won't use the bare foot legs of the scourges for example. Otherwise, they look awesome. Especially the banshee. But I'm not sold on the Warp Spider yet
If by "wasted material" you mean "pieces for the bits box", then yes I have a lot of that Razz although once I figure out which pieces I'm going to use I usually just try to snag them off eBay (which can admittedly be a slow process, but I don't have all that much time to work on my guys as I'd like anyway Sad ). And as far as the bare feet go, it's not too hard to green stuff some simple boots over the bare feet (and unless you screw them up badly no one really looks at your model's feet much).

Creeping Darkness wrote:
I love it!

I particularly like the menacing pose of the second Scorp. I do hope you post some pics when you have them painted.

I wonder if Incubi would make a solid base for Dark Reapers, with their heavy armour etc?
Thanks! I really like how that guy's pose came out, was going for a "lurking in the shadows about to pounce on an unsuspecting victim" look.

That could definitely work for reapers (although Incubi aren't the cheapest models). I'd probably want to do a head swap though with the Dark Elf Executioners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors   Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors
Page 1 of 1