THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Final list prep for a tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

Final list prep for a tournament  Empty
PostSubject: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 20:14

Ok so after playing both captain a and an other player at guardian with my cons I've been pretty committed to using my crons but lately the last few days actually I have been convinced that Eldar specifically the dark kin need some representation at the Guardian cup so I built the following list.

Real space raiders

Archon haywire grenades

4x 5man squads with venom splinter cannons
2 squads with blasters

Reaversx3 blaster cluster caltrop

Formation

Corpse thief claw 5 talos

All talos in unit have twin linked haywire blasters

Eldar cad

Eldrad
Wind riders scatterlasers
Dire avengers wave serpent
Hornet
Hornet

Both hornets have pulse lasers

At this point I can go between this and necrons but I do have a dire love for my dark kin and their craft world allies

C&c welcome but keep it on topic please
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 23:23

Where is the Archon going? With the Dire Avengers and Eldrad?

Also, I will note that D weapons (so, kind of specifically the Eldar codex) are a bit of a hard counter for the Corpsethief, they can eat that unit up with alarming alacrity and very little effort. It's why I'm not really touting it at the moment. If your tourney has limited/restricted D or armies that will run it, not so much of an issue, but a concern I perceive.

Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 23:40

Well its an itc tournament and at this moment strength d through the itc tournament rules are complete garbage. If we were playing d at full strength via the rule book then yes I'd most definitely remove that formation and probably not even bother with dark Eldar or Eldar
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 00:19

I'm trying to find their crazy Nad rules for d weapons but I'm not having any luck will post them when I find them
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 00:23

Destroyer Weapons:
For ITC format events, we use the following profile for ranged Destroyer Weapons in place of that found in the book: D Weapons with the Distort Scythe special rule still subtract 1 from the table below.
Roll of a 1: No damage occurs.
Roll of a 2-5: Target model takes D2 wounds, or hull points with a penetrating hit.
Roll of a 6: Target model takes 2 automatic wounds with no saves allowed, or 2 hull points with a penetrating hit with no saves allowed. This attack never inflicts instant death, regardless of the target model’s toughness.
Stomp Attacks:
For ITC format events, Damage from a Stomp attack that results in a 6 on the Stomp Table can be passed off of an affected model to a model not also under the stomp template with a successful “Look Out, Sir” roll, if the the target model can normally take a “Look Out, Sir” test.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 00:25

And yea I was trying to figure out if a wave serpent or a raider would be better to use for the dire avengers and Eldrad and th archon
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 16:28

It was eldar that prompted that ITC errata iirc and good riddance. I wish they would just go the extra step and start doing full on errata for every book.

On the list is there a reason your going with RSR? I wouldn't rate the janky cover save above objective secured.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 16:35

Well I disagree with the terrible table they have and they still allow melee d weapons to do the same as the table it's just as unenjoyable as ranged d for that 6. And I went with it for extra fast attack. But since now we can duplicate formations and cads and stuff due to the new itc ruling then I don't see the point in the real space raiders anymore.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 16:36

Anyways I changed the list anyway to something different for sanity sake and I don't have time to post it now will do a full bat rep tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final list prep for a tournament    Final list prep for a tournament  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final list prep for a tournament
Page 1 of 1