THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Perfection of Agony?

Go down 
+16
Rokuro
Leninade
CptMetal
Calyptra
Black Death
The Red King
killedbydeath
amorrowlyday
CurstAlchemist
lament.config
The Shredder
Jimsolo
PriorofDeath
Count Adhemar
Sigmaril
kingokingo
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kingokingo
Slave
kingokingo

Perfection of Agony? Empty
PostSubject: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 12:38

I dont know how many who have seen it, but GW just released a new boxset/"formation set??" Perfection of Agony http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Perfection-of-Agony

Is this for a upcoming wych cult supplement? or just a way they try to sell their useless wyches??
Hoping for the first, updated drugs, updated pfp, new formations.. i would love it!!

any clue?
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 12:55

I'm fairly sure it's the latter....
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 13:08

That's a really expensive way to buy Raiders, Venoms and Reavers!

PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 17:07

It seems to me that GW is still putting their sight elsewhere. With, AOS, HH rumors, Chaos/daemon/tau, indont see us getting any face time til 2016.

We see them hustling, we hating
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 19:57

I think that we might see a tiny bit of love in the upcoming future, but not a lot.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 22:56

Look, Dark Eldar Players - Shiny stuff! Look at all the shiny models! Look!

No, what are you doing? Don't look at their rules! STOP!!!!

The Hobby is buying models. Models!

Look at the models! Bye them! BYE THEM!!!

please...?
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 00:58

One would think they wouldn't have tried another box set with wyches as they still haven't sold all the shardstorm box sets.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 03:17

Actually this box set works out pretty good for me as I was planning on buying some more wyches (three sets actually) 2 more venoms and Raiders. I won't complain about getting 3 more Reavers either. They have made 1 sale, as with that I'll be done with what I wanted to collect via wych cult.

No I don't expect a supplement to be released, that would make sense and GW doesn't do that.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 03:56

lament.config, I mean it's pretty obvious that this is just an attempt to sweeten the pot to move the shardstorm sets. It's explicitly 2 shardstorm sets, 2 venoms, a succubus, a unit of reavers and ANOTHER box of wyches.

In the very likely case that it still hasn't sold out in about a month I may grab one as well
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 04:18

I picked up one of the shardstorm box sets myself. The Reavers and the extra transports sold me. All in all I have really enjoyed the purchase. The wyches aren't overly useful as I already had twenty from previous purchases. Though, I have run a wych cult list with some harlequins with success in friendly games.

Here's to hoping we do get a supplement with bonuses for running wyches.
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 21:25

Would be nice with some love for DE but look more like a Christmas gift thing
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 22:22

killedbydeath wrote:
Would be nice with some love for DE but look more like a Christmas gift thing

A gift for a DE player you really hate.

"Why aren't you using those lovely wyches I got you? Don't you like your present?" Sad

"No, no... I just haven't... um... assembled them yet. Yeah, they'll... uh... they'll be in my next list. I promise."
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 01:49

Well personally half my kabalites are wyches with kab heads and splinter rifles. More dynamic that way.

Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 16:03

I already have 60 wyches, 6 venom's, 27 reavers and 7 raiders and 3 succubus. While it is a great box set I really have no use for it. Now a wyches cult sup would be really nice.

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 16:36

What would you want to see in a Wych Cult supplement?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 16:38

The Shredder wrote:

Wyches

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 16:41

Count Adhemar wrote:
The Shredder wrote:

Wyches

Touché, sir.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 16:42

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 17:48

I'd like them to work like the Wyches of old - models fighting Wyches do not count as having a 2nd close combat weapon, and half their WS if their S is less than 6.

Applying dodge to overwatch would be great too.

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 17:50

So then, are wyches supposed to be a tarpit?

I guess I always just thought they were supposed to be a more aggressive unit, for lack of a better word.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 18:58

Just give them rending so they are a glass canon.

Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22 2015, 02:20

Give them S4 and access to weapons that don't blow, for starters
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22 2015, 09:21

CptMetal wrote:
Just give them rending so they are a glass canon.

Rending means they could potentially penetrate AV 11 vehicles with their knives. That would be kinda silly.

Pseudo-rending á la Monofilament, so just ignoring armor saves on 6's, would make more sense.

The Shredder wrote:

- The aforementioned psudo-rending for Wych Knives, Razorflails and Impalers.
- Bloodbrides getting the options to take 4 Wych Cult Weapons on minimum squad size, Haywire Grenades and a new standard weapon that makes them hit harder than normal Wyches.
- Splinter Pods becomming Pinning weapons. Hellions and Beasts need some way to attack through cover effectively.

If it was just a supplement and  not a full codex, these could easily be formation special rules.

Also; an artifact that prevents overwatch and a detachment rule or warlord trait that lets us pick the combat drug instead of rolling for it.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22 2015, 11:23

Probably some suit looked at the warehouse figures and told - Hey Johnie, go make some advert for those items, we are producing more then selling already. - Right away sir!

Some time later. - Hello sir, i have personally looked into issue of surplus on stock items, we already took action, marketing dept is working. - Good, good Hendrik, have you talked with the guys from game design? - You know them sir, they talk all kind of crazy stuff about sales, luckily you have professionals like us. We already made some nice advert that will do just nicely at our target audience.

Some time later, Johnie and game dev Martin.
-Hey John, have you been talking to your boss about sales on Wyches? That changes on codex author and strict development time and budget left them with bad rules ? And if we will get order and money on Wych Suplement we will sell them all ?

-Come on Martin, we ve talked about it before. Rules are not what he is getting salary for, and you know the new boss, he listens to the words of his marketing head head when it comes to sales, so il just do the damn advert.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22 2015, 11:51

Rokuro wrote:

Rending means they could potentially penetrate AV 11 vehicles with their knives. That would be kinda silly.

Sillier than female pit-fighters wearing no armour and carrying nothing but knives, charging a gunline in the 41st millennium? Razz

Rokuro wrote:

Pseudo-rending á la Monofilament, so just ignoring armor saves on 6's, would make more sense.

Do you think that would be enough though? It's a decent bonus, but I'm not convinced it would enough to make wyches worth a damn. I think you'd need to give them Shred as well, or let them pseudo-rend on 5s. Otherwise I don't think you're getting enough cannon for your glass, as it were.

As an example, Dire Avengers can put out similar (if not better) damage with their guns, which has S4 pseudo-rending. Granted the wyches get 3 attacks on the charge, whilst the avengers only get 2 shots, but they hit on 3s while the wyches hit most enemies on 4s. And, they can stay 18" from their target and fire to full effect - even retreating into cover afterwards with Battle Focus. The avengers get a 4+ armour save at all times, whilst the wyches have to cross the battlefields with nothing but optimism to keep them safe. They get a 4++, but only in melee. Hell, if you're so inclined, the Dire Avengers can get a 5++ in combat.

I guess I just feel that if I'm going to the trouble of getting a T3 unit with no save across the board and into melee, I'd still want a bit more than 3 S3 attacks with pseudo-rending.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony?   Perfection of Agony? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perfection of Agony?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-