THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Apocalypse Formations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackSands
Hellion
BlackSands

Apocalypse Formations Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 22:23

I have a curious question about formations in an apocalypse army. If I take a Kabalite Web Strike or a Raiding Party...instead of the raider or venom as specified, can't I take a Tantalus for the court as it is a dedicated transport?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 22:59

Don't know about the Web Strike. If the restriction is "all units must be embarked on a vehicle" or "embarked on a dedicated transport," then yes you could. If it says they "must take/begin on a Venom or Raider transport," then no.
Back to top Go down
BlackSands
Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 23:08

So I am allowed to in a Storm of Blades formation but not The Web Strike or the Raid Party.?.
Back to top Go down
BlackSands
Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 23:16

Hmmm a Tantalus with skyfire...interesting
Back to top Go down
BlackSands
Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 23:59

Another dumb question...I have the apoc boom just not on me...is the Revenant Titan a unique LoW or can you field two of them?
Back to top Go down
BlackSands
Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 00:00

Book*
Back to top Go down
BlackSands
Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 00:07

Ok found out no Tantalus with skyfire a court isn't a selection in the Storm of Blades
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 03:39

Where do I get the Kabalite Web Strike or the raiding party?

Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 03:44

Kabalite Web Strike is in the Apocalypse Book. The Kabalite Raiding party is in the 7E codex
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 08:46

Both the Kabalite Raiding Party and the Kabalite Web Strike specify in their rules that transports taken must be Raiders or Venoms.
(And the Kabalite Web Strike does not allow for the Court of the Archon)

The Revenant is NOT Unique, so you can field more than one.
An example of a Unique LOrd of War would be Leman Russ, whose rules as a special character specify him as Unique.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 11:43

Just found the razor wing formation. It's awesome! Too bad that I don't have three of those.

Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 15:00

I was wondering as I have the Battlescribe app for my Dark Eldar...it helps as I have too much to remember but it gives me an error for fielding more than 1/Revenant Titan but could not see a unique rule. As for the court in the Web Strike. I failed to notice that as an Archon can always field a court as a No Force option. So it was an assumption. But I guess I rethink my army yet again. Trying to field 40,000 points.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 17:17

But what about that Web Strike portal? There are no portal markers left...?

Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 17:20

The Web Strike portal is a special aerial portal that is bigger than an average portal. If you use a Web Strike the portal shows automatically and you are allowed to send vehicles like a Voidraven Bomber through the portal...keeping the Bomber off the table till the portal is available even if its not allowed to be in reserves.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 17:22

So you'd still use the old mechanic?

Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 17:24

You represent it with a large blast marker instead of the normal small blast
Back to top Go down
BlackSands
Hellion
BlackSands

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 17:29

The Archon in the Web Strike gets the portal for free and as soon as they arrive on the table the portal is automatically placed. No need to wait to strategically place it. You can ALSO take the wargear portal as well. Idk why you would though if you field a Kabalite Web Strike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Formations   Apocalypse Formations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Formations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-