THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Eight-fold Path

Go down 
+6
amorrowlyday
The Red King
Creeping Darkness
flakmonkey
Klaivex Charondyr
stilgar27
10 posters
AuthorMessage
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

The Eight-fold Path Empty
PostSubject: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05 2015, 21:30

So after roughly 2 years of rumors (and 3 years with a largely unplayable codex), it looks like chaos space marines are moving up in the world.

From what I'm seeing, it's pretty encouraging, and it looks as though chaos marines might just be able to compete with loyalists again.  As many as 7 new units including thunderwolf style cavalry, chaos centurions, and psyker covens.  Hellbrutes will basically get their best dataslate formation as their standard entry in the codex.  Vehicles will be squaded with bonuses like their loyalist equivalents if in full units.  I'm expecting at least a new demon engine and possibly a LOW.

Decurions will bring formation-wide rules like free icons, fearless cultists, and stubborn marines.  This might not be as powerful as "free transports for all", but some of those icons do get pricey.  I also love the idea of marines running away while the cultists fight on to the death.

Assuming any of the (extremely specific, down to the number of pages and images in the book) rumors are true, I'm afraid the dark kin get pushed back even further in the update queue and I have much less of a reason to be an active memeber of the dark city  Sad .

Slaanesh has always held a special place in my heart.  I still have a few thousand points worth of chaos marines (mostly plague and noise), and if they're effective again it'll help me decide which one of my many armies is next on the auction block. I probably have 15,000 points between chaos daemons, chaos marines, and renegades/heretics.

To be honest I think I'd rather have a Daemonkin - Slaanesh book though.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05 2015, 22:21

What I have seen id most probably fake.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05 2015, 23:44

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
What I have seen id most probably fake.

Wouldn't be the first time.  At least one of the threads has been pulled down,  the OP apparently didn't have the best reputation, but of course some are saying it was at the request of GW - We'll see soon enough.  Further fuel for the fire though - Codex: Chaos space marines is missing from the black library.  Can still get the physical form from gw site though.

For anyone playing dark eldar I really hope it'a all fake.  Here is part of the rumored plague marine chapter tactic.

*** Diseased Bulk: Immune to the Poisoned special rule.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06 2015, 23:16

Reeks of Wish-listing.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06 2015, 23:47

stilgar27 wrote:
For anyone playing dark eldar I really hope it'a all fake.  Here is part of the rumored plague marine chapter tactic.

*** Diseased Bulk: Immune to the Poisoned special rule.

Cool, Plague Marines will be completely immune to splinter fire thanks to S1 vs T5... Sad

Lucky we have so many other good weapon choices that we can compensate for it wit-bwahahahahaha, sorry, almost made it through that with a straight face!

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 00:35

It does read like a lot of wish listing.

Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 01:37

It certainly does.

But so did Codex: Eldar Craftworlds.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 04:01

Creeping Darkness wrote:
It certainly does.

But so did Codex: Eldar Craftworlds.

It's true, the more I looked at it the more it seemed like a bad joke, but then again so did the craftworld codex.  When you consider eldar had just received a decent codex something like a year and a half before, even more so.

Chaos marines certainly have a huge fan base as well as what is probably the second largest presence in the fluff.  It is genuinely surprising that their core book has been neglected this long (3 years?).

That said, I don't expect anything to come of it, but it was convincing enough to end up as front page news on most of the 40k blogosphere for at least part of the day.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 04:47

Some dude with a 34-0 proven leak record called bullshit on CSM anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 05:35

Not going to happen. I lost hope and never touched my chaos Marines since the last codex dropped.

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 16:18

Night Lords had Rending Lighting Claws in that so called leak. I call this BS. Thousand Sons have AP3 Heavy Bloters and Auto Cannons. Rubric Terminators. Too much wishlisting.
Either way - if GW wont redo their basic CSM kit - I'm not interested.

stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08 2015, 14:24

Besides all the extremely specific rules which this guy did not have pictures of but remembered anyway (ok maybe he wrote them down? that's even more obvious than snapping a picture though), the rules for chemical weapons are pretty suspect.

Forgeworld already has chemical weapon rules in the renegades and heretics list (for missile launchers and flamers) under which they get shred and gets hot.  These are not only more balanced and fluffy rules, but plague marines would largely be able to ignore them between power armor and FNP.

I can't see them boosting already tested and decent rules, that would already line up with an up to date army.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08 2015, 14:26

Games workshop has shown that they don't care about Forgeworld rules.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08 2015, 16:19

If anything becomes immune to poison en masse I'll just give up on life
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08 2015, 17:40

Or just don't play against those anymore.

Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12 2015, 00:33

I can totally see GW ending the 7th edition with a powerful Chaos wave and then starting the 8th with the Inquisition to counter it. Razz
Well, there aren't many armies left without a 7th ed. codex, and Chaos is the most popular amongst those.

That said, I'm not expecting the next Chaos codex to be that crazy. And as far as miniatures go; probably Lord of Change and Great Unclean One plastic kits and a new Champion blister as always.
I am worried about Slaanesh in 40k though, seeing as She has all but disappeared from the AoS lore. Seriously, what would the Eldar race do without their old nemesis? Shocked
I'm even tempted to Ask-Grombrindal about it...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12 2015, 08:54

If she who thirsts disappears from the 40k universe, Dark Eldar won. We stayed the way we are without anyone sucking our soul away anymore.

The Craftworld dudes are the loosers.

Seriously though, I can't see them kill she who thirsts in 40k. Age of Khorne versus fantasy Space Marines is for kids and a goddess of excess isn't good for kids and their parents.

PostSubject: Re: The Eight-fold Path   The Eight-fold Path I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Eight-fold Path
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: