THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar all comers list 1500

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chakuu
Slave
Chakuu

Dark Eldar all comers list 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar all comers list 1500   Dark Eldar all comers list 1500 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 16:13

So after buying a few more models and getting only a couple of games in I've started expanding my 500 points of Dark Eldar into 1500 points.  Here is the list I'm thinking of going with and was wondering what the lovely people of The Dark City thought about it.

Combined Arms Detachment

HQ
Lhamean
--Venom w/ extra cannon

Elites
4x True Born w/ Blasters
1x Dracon w/ Haywire Grenades
--Venom w/ Extra cannon

5x Mandrakes

Troops
5x Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster
--Venom w/ Extra cannon

--Venom w/ Extra cannon

--Venom w/ Extra cannon

--Venom w/ Extra cannon

Fast Attack
Razorwing Jetfighter w/ Dark Lances x2 and Nightshields

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ Dark Lances x2 and Nightshields

6x Reavers w/ 2 cluster caltrops

Heavy Support
Ravager  w/ Dark Lance x3

Ravager  w/ Dark Lance x3
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar all comers list 1500   Dark Eldar all comers list 1500 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 19:05

Looks pretty solid, I'd take the shields off the razor wings though, maybe throw some weapons like heat lances on the reavers with the points. I would also probably drop one razor wing for haywire scourge or another lance ravager
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar all comers list 1500   Dark Eldar all comers list 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08 2016, 06:40

Depends what you have already bought, and what you intend to buy.

Mandrakes shouldn't be in your list unless you have VERY good reasons for including them, or a specific goal in mind that you need em for. Dropping them yields you half the points you'd need from some ranged support.

Haywire scourges are a very good supplement to Ravager. I personally find a 1:1 ratio of them is a good rule to live by, but you can test the waters for yourself to see what you prefer. I'd recommend dropping a single Razorwing for some Scourges at 1500 points, unless you already have both Razorwing models, in which case go nuts.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Chakuu
Slave
Chakuu

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar all comers list 1500   Dark Eldar all comers list 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08 2016, 11:42

Thank you Hydranixx and Xm0shcryptX for your feed back.

Honestly the Mandrakes were put into the list cause I had 60 points floating and didn't know what else to put in/upgrade so I figured they could either grab early objectives or tie up a unit for a round as a 4+ cover save, 3+ on the first turn if night fighting is on isn't that bad.

As for models I have currently have 10 warriors with 2 blasters, 5 haywire scourges (2 are being proxyed at the moment till I can get a second box), 4 Venoms with extra cannons, an Archon model, two Succubus models (one with a head swap to be a Autach with banshee mask), 10 wychs, 2 Razor Wing Jet fighters (one built), a Ravager, a Raider, 6 Reavers with 2 cluster caltrops, and 5 Dire Avengers.

I didn't include the scourges due to figuring 8 blasters and 6 dark lances would be enough anti tank before turn 2 and two Razorwings with stock missiles should be enough to delete a unit or two of foot sloggers.

If I drop the Mandrakes and the nightshields off the Razorwings that leaves me with 90 or so points. Would another Lhamean in a Venom be better? Or would upgrading the anti tank punching power of the Ravers be the better option?
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar all comers list 1500   Dark Eldar all comers list 1500 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2016, 19:23

So it sounds like to me you are going to be buying more stuff before you actually start up 1500 games. You never can have enough dark lances for anti tank. Haywire has been the only reliable source to ensure vehicles die. (Unless I ally fire dragons that works even better) 2 squads of haywire scourge and 2 dark lance ravagers might be enough for 1500 seeing as you will also have razor wings.
Here is a sample 1500 using most of what you have plus a little extra

Archon wwp hwg 100
Court of the archon 4 medusae 100
Venom dual sc 65
True born 4 blasters 120
Venom dual sc 65
3x5 warriors with blaster 205
3 venoms dual sc 195
5 scourge 4 hwb 120
2 razor wings with lances 280
2 DL ravagers 250
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar all comers list 1500   Dark Eldar all comers list 1500 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2016, 21:59

Chakuu wrote:

Honestly the Mandrakes were put into the list cause I had 60 points floating and didn't know what else to put in/upgrade so I figured they could either grab early objectives or tie up a unit for a round as a 4+ cover save, 3+ on the first turn if night fighting is on isn't that bad.

Yeah they're ok at surviving, but the problem with a unit like that is that the rest of our army is definitely not. Our opponent doesn't mind ignoring them for most the game because they might not do much to hurt him. Each unit we include ideally serves as a threat, with the idea of saturating your opponent with things they really don't want to ignore.

Chakuu wrote:

2 Razor Wing Jet fighters (one built)

And there we have it. If you have two of these, as I mentioned, play both and have fun. Be very careful with how many reserves you play outside of the two jets. Unless you're building specifically towards a list where you keep almost everything in reserve, and have a way of manipulating your reserve rolls, and just surviving turn 1 with an anchor unit or two (this is ironically where mandrakes can actually be pretty good)

Chakuu wrote:
I didn't include the scourges due to figuring 8 blasters and 6 dark lances would be enough anti tank before turn 2 and two Razorwings with stock missiles should be enough to delete a unit or two of foot sloggers.

You can rarely have enough. It's good to have some variety, especially anti tank, in a list, and I think haywire scourges present a unit that can deal with any armour unit in the game. They're a little costly, but they excel at eating the last hull point or two off of something like a Rhino, when you desperately want to fire your ravager at something else - such as a Land Raider.

That's why they make a great combo with lances. Fire 2/3rds of your lances first, see if you do enough damage/force jinks so that you can ignore your target. [Shaking a predator is usually enough to leave it alone on 2 hull points for a turn, so move on] If there's a target that hasn't been hurt sufficiently after most of your lance fire, this is where the scourges excel at finishing it off. A word of warning though - it's better to have fire dark lances / blasters at infantry than haywire blasters. So make sure the scourges are moved to a place where they can shoot multiple armoured targets.

Chakuu wrote:
If I drop the Mandrakes and the nightshields off the Razorwings that leaves me with 90 or so points. Would another Lhamean in a Venom be better? Or would upgrading the anti tank punching power of the Ravers be the better option?

Reavers with blasters are ok. Their raw speed and 'skilled rider' lets them get to targets easily. But they'll usually die if you don't jink, and by jinking you're making the blaster much less accurate anyway, so it can be a gamble.

If you have the venom and Lhamean available, it's hardly a bad idea. Personally, I'm digging Xm0shcryptX's HQ idea more:

Xm0shcryptX wrote:

Archon wwp hwg 100
Court of the archon 4 medusae 100

If you can fork out for this, you'll rarely be disappointed. It's expensive, to be sure, at 265 points, but it's accurate and the look on your opponent's face you eat an entire unit of Grey Knights or Sternguard.. Fantastic. It's reliable against other low toughness enemies as well - any Eldar, Tau or Admech infantry bothering you? Not once these medusae say hi. They obviously eat weaker infantry too - like Gaunts, Guard, Orks etc, but the price you pay for them isn't as good when you're only killing 4/5/6 point models.

Another build you can toy with is the vastly cheaper 2-3 Medusae in a single Venom with 2 splinter cannons. It's similar to the Lhamean build you wanted, but hits several times harder. You can keep them back with your main fleet to stave off melee threats, send them forwards with the fleet on the offensive, or deep strike them into position, disembark and do lots of damage to any infantry you see. They're also only 2 or 3 infantry models themselves, so it can be awkward for the opponent to fire at them with a big unit, as they risk overkilling them and wasting shots.

This little build seldom sets you back more than 140 points, so is more economical, yet has just enough juice to earn it's points back when used carefully.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar all comers list 1500   Dark Eldar all comers list 1500 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar all comers list 1500
Page 1 of 1