THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Coven heavy list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

1850 Coven heavy list Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Coven heavy list   1850 Coven heavy list I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2016, 17:20

I always liked the coven units and I want to give them another go. I would like to get your input on this list. I'm trying to make it as good as possible without resorting to allies (we all know the list would be better with Eldars but I don't want to add any in the list)

Dark Artisan
Haemonculus with scissorhand and WWP. (Warlord)
Talos with ichor injector and Heat Lance
Chronos (spirit probe)

2 x Grotesquerie
Haemonculus with scissorhand
2 Grotesque + Aberration with scissorhand
Raider

CAD
Succubus (Glaive, Armor of mysery, HWG)
2 x 5 Warriors in venom (dual cannon)
Razorwing with lances
Tri lance Ravager

I'm pretty set on the coven units though I would like to had one more grot in each squad.
The Ravager, the Jetfighter and the Succubus are those I'm not 100% sure (though I often run this succubus with Grots and it's an amazing units).

Comments are welcome.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven heavy list   1850 Coven heavy list I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2016, 18:33

When you say x2 grotesquerie, do you mean 4 units of 3 grots, or 2 units of 3 grots?
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven heavy list   1850 Coven heavy list I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2016, 18:52

4 units of 3.
I plan to use 2 formations.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven heavy list   1850 Coven heavy list I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2016, 19:02

That's a lot of melee and not so much anti-tank. I think I'd swap the jetfighter out for another ravager, because you're going to want to crack as many transports turn 1 and turn 2 as possible, so your grots can assault the gooey centers on turn 2.

Aside from that, I think it'd be an interesting army to watch. Maybe not super-effective against other highly mobile armies like Tau in battlesuits. Also, GMCs and superheavies in general are going to make this list cry, in my opinion. Assuming they're allowed in the format you're playing, of course.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven heavy list   1850 Coven heavy list I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2016, 20:07

While SH and GMC are allowed, They are rather rare, only our Tau player use a Stormsurge and I can't beat his list with my DE anyway, no matter the list. But I see your point, it's true that a Ravager will be more valuable since he can start on the table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven heavy list   1850 Coven heavy list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Coven heavy list
Page 1 of 1