THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brulander
Slave
Brulander

My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List Empty
PostSubject: My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List   My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2016, 02:43

Grotesquerie 280
70 1 Haemonculus
105 3 Grotesques(crypt horror conversion)
105 3 Grotesques(crypt horror conversion)

Death Masque 680
95 4 Players, Troupe Master

100 2 Skyweavers
100 2 Skyweavers
75 1 Voidweaver

60 1 Death Jester
60 1 Death Jester

This brings me to 960. Anyone have any tips on where to throw extra points to make it either a
1000, 1250, or 1500 point list? I like the idea of moving up to 5 players plus the troupe master
in each troupe with caress/kiss loadouts as well as zephyglaives on the skyweavers, a
prismatic cannon on the voidweaver, and finally haywire grenades on the jesters.

Once again to clarify tactica, grotesquerie will usually go straight up the board hopefully
with cover to engage and distract the enemy while the troupes follow behind and can either clean
up on infantry or break off to secure objectives. The skyweavers are a swiss army knife doing
whatever I need them to while the death jesters and voidweaver sit back. The death jesters wounding
units within 12 inches of the grotesquerie will stack the leadership debuff which is nice.

First off, once again being new I need to know if this is legal. Second, vs non super competative
lists will I have a fightning chance at winning at my LGS?

Last big question, I dont know much about warlords and such but do I need one? Should I have one?
Who should it be? What all should I know about rules to start learning how to play this list?

Last edited by Brulander on Fri Nov 04 2016, 23:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : UPDATED)
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List   My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2016, 15:33

First of all welcome and yes your list idea is perfectly legal.

Given that you already have two small elite formations, you may want to consider taking the coven tree-style detachment rather than another formation. The detachment does require 2 Haemonculus which is really it's only downside, but other than that it gives you more options to fill in your army.

As far as good coven formations, the most popular are:
Corpse thief claw
Grotequerie (However it is spelled)
Dark Artisan
Scalpel Squadron

The Grotesquerie works the way you are planning (throw it forward and wreak havoc) so I would start there and consider expanding it into the tree-style detachment with whatever other coven units you think would work well with your play style, though it is a bit of a modeling challenge (there is plenty of help for that on this forum though)

Slave
Brulander

PostSubject: thanks   My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2016, 23:12

Seshiru wrote:
First of all welcome and yes your list idea is perfectly legal.

Given that you already have two small elite formations, you may want to consider taking the coven tree-style detachment rather than another formation. The detachment does require 2 Haemonculus which is really it's only downside, but other than that it gives you more options to fill in your army.

As far as good coven formations, the most popular are:
Corpse thief claw
Grotequerie (However it is spelled)
Dark Artisan
Scalpel Squadron

The Grotesquerie works the way you are planning (throw it forward and wreak havoc) so I would start there and consider expanding it into the tree-style detachment with whatever other coven units you think would work well with your play style, though it is a bit of a modeling challenge (there is plenty of help for that on this forum though)

I updated the main post based off some of your advice! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List   My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2016, 18:14

Looks alot better, next step I would think would be to get those grot units more mobile probably with given them each raiders as dedicated transports

PostSubject: Re: My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List   My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My second stab at a DE/Harlequin List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: