THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts. Empty
PostSubject: Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts.   Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2016, 19:22

Cheers guys!

After getting the hang of painting with a few of my other armies I finally had the balls to take on the army that caught my eye on 40k. The Truekin!!!

I picked up the box and am looking to start expanding and building to a working 750 pt list. From what I gather from the podcast and reading through posts I need two Venom's because i'm going to split that 10 man squad into two groups of five.

It comes with an Archon I believe and the coolest model in the Codex, the Reaver bounce
and lastly the raider.

What do I do to get to 750 pts and be able to have fun but hold my own?
Share your wisdom!!!!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts.   Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2016, 19:46

This topic has been posted a dozen times in the last few months. Can you save me the trouble of copy-pasting and take a look through the forum?

Highlights include:
-Lots of transports
-Keep units cheap
-Archons are not great, but can be OK if you keep him cheap and dont expect too much.
-Reavers are awesome, and can win games for you
-We have a Coven suppliment (that works in addition to our codex). They are the best units for DE (besides reavers and venoms)

Best of luck buddy.
Back to top Go down
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

PostSubject: Re: Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts.   Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2016, 19:52

I only went about a page deep. sorry about that mate!
Thank you for the copy and paste advice!
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts.   Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2016, 21:24

Hi there,

fisheyes is indeed correct, there are many, many just starting threads & even just few about maximising what you can squeeze into a Purge Coterie.

Just hit either the Army Lists or Tactica threads & you can't go wrong.

Without going into the why:

Cookie Cutter 750

Lhamean, Cannon Venom
2 x 5 Warriors, Incl Syb, HWG, Cannon Venoms (WL)
3 x Reavers, CC
5 x Scourges, 4 x HWB
2 x Triple Lance Ravagers

Very standard, easy to adapt to 500, easy to expand & not THAT expensive $ wise.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts.   Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2016, 13:39

@Rewind advice is gold. Do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts.   Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking To Expand From The "Start Collecting" Box To A Working 750 Pts.
Page 1 of 1