THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Severed Hand.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2016, 16:50

Cheers Guys!

So I started on my True Kin Raid and Loved the Color Scheme of The Severed Hand. With my first mini done I thought It would be cool to have a log of it so I can get feedback from people with a lot more time with a brush than I have!

The Severed Hand.  20161216
The Severed Hand.  20161217

This guy is all done. After getting the shading and highlights finished I thought it would be cool to use Blood For The Blood God with an old tooth brush and flick it at him to get a bit of a splatter. I thought the Idea of my raid looking like they had just came back from Real Space or just loving the smell and feel of it so much they don't wash it off kind of thing.

More to come! please feed back and ideas are welcome!

If you know any cool kits to grab nice bits out of (IE the flagellants from fantasy to spice up 40k Cultists) let me know, i enjoy kit bashing and making each model look unique!
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 08:35

That is a cool looking color scheme indeed.
If I was to suggest improvements, I would suggest :
Shading the silvery metal slightly with Nuln oil.
Maybe see if you can get a small amount of that blood on the sword as well, in angled spatters or streaks.
And of course if you haven't already, lively up the base with sand or grass etc.
Keep it up. I'm anxious to see more.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 13:49

Thank you! The Metals, for what ever reason, Are being a bit of a pain to bring out (The metal has been washed but not getting the... depth I want). I think it might just be me only having two different metallic colors to work with. I am going to try expanding it for more sharp looking results.

The blood is hard to get to work it can get to to much very quick but I like the Idea!

The bases I have no clue what I want to do with them. I think just stock sand with patches of grass will be the best but I want to base the whole squad at once to keep it consistent.

The one thing I am struggling with at the moment is the Drug pump on the shoulders. I have no clue what color to paint it. I know I don't want it to stay how it is but i'm not sure what color would fit best. Any thoughts?

I will have some more updates soon!
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 14:16

I just use stormhost silver and green gem paint on the drug pumps. Looks good and it's easy to do.

stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 14:20

Hmmm Sounds simple and it wont be to start a contrast with the rest of the colors... When I get home I shall give it a try!!
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 14:24

Great looking mini, btw!

stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 15:13

Thank you! a work in progress inspired by the other projects all over this site!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 18:40

Looks good Smile I love the blood spatters on the bright white tabard.

I'm not sure about blood on the rest of it. I seem to remember red clashing somewhat with purple, and not in a cool futuristic way either. Just makes the two colours look off.

Try it though, happy to be proved wrong and I'm far from a colour theorist Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 18:43

The Blood splatter is on the whole front. just one flick and i let it lay where it landed without touching it can only really see it up close lol. Thank you though!
Back to top Go down
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 16:41

The Severed Hand.  20170115
The Severed Hand.  20170114
The Severed Hand.  20170111
The Severed Hand.  20170112
The Severed Hand.  20170110
The Severed Hand.  20170113

After a Trip back home for the holidays I spent some time working on the Kabal. Finished 5 guys and the pilot on the first Venom.

If anyone has any advice for how to assemble/sub-assemble and paint the venom let me know. After priming It was hard to get the flag poles to stick so I tossed them. Looks ok without it so no worries I think. I wanted to get the craft done before I did the crew.

As always feedback and advice is more than welcome!
Back to top Go down
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 13:35

Excited to say that I was able to finish my first venom! It took a little while and made me consider getting an Air Brush to make life easier on the other five I want to have table ready. Sadly it is not magnetized but glued.

The only thing I want to do is add some free hand to it at some point. But I am not sure how to practice, possibly use a micro pen or something like that!

The Severed Hand.  20170211
The Severed Hand.  20170213
The Severed Hand.  20170212
The Severed Hand.  20170210
Back to top Go down
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 13:38

And here Are some pictures of the first fully painted 10 man squad and some of the "Rescues" I was able to pick up cheap at the hobby shop. Everything other than this venom and the painted 10 man squad you see was rescued. Spent a lot of time on the repairs and still need to get scourge arms, so i can finish them off.

The Severed Hand.  20170217
The Severed Hand.  20170216
The Severed Hand.  20170215
The Severed Hand.  20170214
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:44

It look really nice man! I especially like the look of the kabalite with the scaly head, it's such a nice bit of change in colour.
The only thing i thought of was, as mentioned above, shade the metal abit. Could be the lighing but the charms and chain dissapeard agains the wonderful white tabard.

Do like the idea of some symbols on the venoms, since imo it looks quite stationary(Not quite sure what word to use here). But I think It'll look splendid.
Note that im not the most experienced painter nor critic of paint so if you feel like you dont agree with me Im most likely wrong.

Also I'd love to see the progress with the freehand since Im about to do the same on my vehicels and are unsure of how I want to do it

Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 16:29

the free hand I am terrified to start if i am being honest. lol
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 17:33

Same, my venoms have been halfdone 6-7 months since im too scared to paint them any further. But i guess I should just bite that sour apple and frak some of them up so I can, as one says in Dark Souls, git gud.

Hellion
stanimal221

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 17:35

Thank you for the kind words though guys! I just noticed i did not highlight any of the medal on half of the guys and on most of the venom..... lol

I know I think I will end up going the micro pen route.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Severed Hand.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Severed Hand.    The Severed Hand.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Severed Hand.
Page 1 of 1