THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven   1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2016, 13:16

So with the new "Traitor Legions" 'dex out, I made a 1K Sons list. Points are very tight,  as to get the best stuff (reroll 1s of all saves) you have to take max units.
Anyway,  here is the list I used-

WAR CABAL

Sorcerer- Staff of Arcane Compulsion, ML 2 and MoT

Sorceror- ML 2, Force Axe and MoT

Scarab Occult Terminators- Helfyre Missile Rack

Rubric Squad- Sorceror with Force Sword and Melta Bomb,  Rhino with Havoc Launcher
Rubric Squad- Sorceror with Force Sword and Melta Bomb,  Rhino with Havoc Launcher
Rubric Squad- Sorceror with Force Sword and Melta Bomb

LEGION ARMOURY
Predator-Stock

So I used this list,  knowing it wouldn't be the best, but that it could survive heavy firepower and deliver some damage in return. Between psychic powers, Doombolts and AP3 bolters I thought it would be okay, if not great.
Unfortunately, my opponent brought a very odd and somewhat out of character 30K list.
It was something like this-

Fellblade
Land Raider
Land Raider Proteus
Predator Squadron (with like 4 shots autocannons)
2 Javelins
1 Techmarine and 4 Servitors

The game was basically me hoping to glance with Doombolts or missiles. Got off a nasty deepstrike Doombolt that trashed 2 Predators though. But couldn't take down the Fellblade or Land Raiders. Survived a lot of high S shooting though. The durability of the Scarabs cannot be underestimated.

So how can I improve this list? I wrote a new one that I will throw up a bit later. Any advice is mych appreciated.

Cheers

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven   1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2016, 13:26

Throw Magnus in and watch your opponent's face as his 18" D beam trashes his armour.

flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven   1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25 2016, 21:27

Count Adhemar wrote:
Throw Magnus in and watch your opponent's face as his 18" D beam trashes his armour.

Yeah,  I live in Australia so unless I sell both my kidneys I'll have to go without the Primarch

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven   1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2016, 20:35

Have you tried fully Tzeentch or Heretech disciplines? Tzeentch is better than it seems on paper. I have watched a small tourney where the TS player lost only because he chose not to go with Tzeentch for his last battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven   1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Thousand Sons Grand Coven
Page 1 of 1