THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Runes

Go down 
+9
Siticus the Ancient
Local_Ork
theblackjackal
Grumpy Kwi
Blackheart
Aroshamash
Dez
Thor665
Cailos
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 20:28

I am looking for some pictures of Dark Eldar Runes so I can pick one to paint for my Kabal. Its name is Kabal of the Voided Sky so one about Darkness or Storm would be cool and fitting for it.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 21:17

Dark Eldar Runes DEfont

If you drop a PM with email info in it - Grumpy Kwi can get you a DE font.

Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 14:24

Is there a place to find out what the different runes mean? I know there is an Ork one...
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 14:55

Unfortunately not. Sadly, the extent of our published material is "what's in the codex", basically, with very little extra. Any dictionary or lexicon that may exist is entirely fan-made. Hell, even those runes look kinda different aesthetically from the runes visible in the current book.

Slave
Blackheart

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 23:57

I really wish they could look further into Xenos Language more... especially writing. I can tell most of this is copied from Eldar text since most of it is fluid and not as jagged as the ones on the codex... Still it's a good idea and would look good on a banner or sail...
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 16:07

Thor665 wrote:
Dark Eldar Runes DEfont

I still have the true type font for your computer - I believe there are few more glyphs (pictures like the skull on the heart or the small dragon looking thing, 7 different ones not shown above.

If you are into making your own decals this would really help.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 17:23

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
Thor665 wrote:
Dark Eldar Runes DEfont

I still have the true type font for your computer - I believe there are few more glyphs (pictures like the skull on the heart or the small dragon looking thing, 7 different ones not shown above.

If you are into making your own decals this would really help.
Cool but I am going to Freehand them in blue on liche purple.
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 20:19

The only problem I have with both Dark Eldar and Craftworld Eldar runes is that neither of them look like a writing system. They just look like a bunch of vaguely Chinese and ancient Egyptian-looking images thrown together with no underlying structure that would indicate use in conjunction with a language.

Personally, I think a better alphabet to emulate would have been Arabic; the flowing nature of the script strikes me as more refined and elegant than what's seen in either codex.

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 20:22

Those two looks pretty ok (I like first one for DE and second for Eldar)
Dark Eldar Runes Hovercraft_ithkuil
Dark Eldar Runes Avallaen_hc
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 19:45

I've been using Daedric alphabet for freehanding descriptions on my vehicles and banners. While it most certainly isn't that close to the GW DE runes, they still are somewhat similar in theme and do the job - making the army look slightly more alien.

Dark Eldar Runes Abeceda
Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 20:09

I'm a biit of a hater when it comes to fontpacks like these, at least when it comes to the Eldar and Dark Eldar. Their written language is ideographic (like formal Chinese or Japanese) rather than phoenetic, like western languages. So I have to admit, I'm a bigger fan of just grabbing a pen and drwing on any runes I need to make.

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 00:17

When I made my first display board I used runes copied from the blades of the Incubi, which if you are hand drawing can be copied easily.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 00:22

fenrisnorth wrote:
So I have to admit, I'm a bigger fan of just grabbing a pen and drwing on any runes I need to make.
That's all that I ever do. Not a real language=not going to try to spell with it. tongue

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 21:33

Guys please could be possible to have DE font?

Sponsored content

Dark Eldar Runes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Runes   Dark Eldar Runes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Runes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: