THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
drdoom222222
Kabalite Warrior
drdoom222222

1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment. Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment.   1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 13:06

Hi guys,

A tournament is coming up next week and I had decided to play MSU based army using a dual RSR formation to open up the slots for the various units, but have changed my mind due to too the following reasons.

1. I discovered there will be 5 missions, 3 will be tactical objective based and 2 will be kill points.

2. Someone suggested that I try CAD + RSR to get some objective secure units, and at the time I was Commited to trying a dual cad with 5/6 ravagers.

So with a week to go (and paint a few more models) here's the list I'm thinking of bringing -

CAD
HQ
Lhamaean
Venom with Splinter Cannon
Total 75

Lhamaean
Total 75

Troops
5 Kabalite warriors
Total 105

5 Kabalite warriors
Sybarite (warlord)
Haywire grenade
Total 120

Fast
Total 65

Total 65

5 Scourges (Dark Hawks)
4 haywire blasters
Total 120

Total for CAD Detachment 625

RSR
HQ
Lhamaean
Total 75

Lhamaean
Total 75

Troops
5 Kabalite warriors
With a Blaster
Total 120

5 Kabalite warriors
With a Blaster
Total 120

Fast
5 Scourges (Black Talons)
4 haywire blasters
Total 120

3 Reavers  
1x Caltrops and 1 Heat lance  
Total  73

3 Reavers  
Total  73

3 Reavers  
Total  73

3 Reavers  
Total  73

3 Reavers  
Total  73

Total for RSR Detachment 875

Overall Total       1500

I own ten venoms, so I wanted to try to get ten into a list, hence my initial leaning towards a dual RSR  (also tournaments like these force me to paint a few more models. Smile ) I've managed to get 17 units into 1500points not bad, considering I only got 18 in my dual RSR list. I have 2 Objective secure units that I can spread into my fast attack venom to make 4 Objective secure units, so not too bad.

what do ye think?
Back to top Go down
drdoom222222
Kabalite Warrior
drdoom222222

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment.   1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 10:21

CAD
HQ
Lhamaean
Total 75

Troops
5 Kabalite warriors
With a Blaster
Total 120

5 Kabalite warriors
With a Blaster
Total 120

5 Kabalite warriors
With a Blaster
Sybarite (warlord)
Haywire grenade
Total 135

Fast
Total 65

Total 65

Chain snares
Total 70

Total for CAD Detachment 650

RSR
HQ
Lhamaean
Total 75

Troops
5 Kabalite warriors
With a Blaster
Total 120

5 Kabalite warriors
With a Blaster
Total 120

Fast
5 Scourges (Black Talons)
4 haywire blasters
Total 120

5 Scourges (Dark Hawks)
4 haywire blasters
Total 120

3 Reavers  
Total  73

3 Reavers  
Total  73

3 Reavers  
Total  73

3 Reavers  
Total  73

Total for RSR Detachment 847

Overall Total 1497

I've submitted this list for the tournament. changed slightly from the one previous. Main reason for this was to spread my objective secure a bit more, so I upped the troops in the cad to 3 and the venoms in the fast attack section of the CAD to 3 thus increasing my OS from 4 to 6. My AT options also increased from 16 to 18. (166 poison shots, 9 haywire and 9 DL) I'll let ye know how I get on.
Back to top Go down
drdoom222222
Kabalite Warrior
drdoom222222

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment.   1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2017, 16:21

I'm just back from the tournament and I'm wrecked but had a great time. This is how turned out.

Mission 1 - Rehati War ]Sect? - the formation from wrath of magnus - which basically had 4 models in it. Magnus the red, two daemon princes and an exalted sorcerer. He was worried about all the poison I had but unfortunately although I got first turn, the set up was vanguard strike which meant he could hide away in the far corner of the table from all but one of my vemons due to LOS and range issues. I killed one of the daemon princes instead getting warlord and first blood. It went down hill from there however as magnus took off and cast siphon and proceeded to cast 10 more spells between him, his exalted sorcerer and his remaining daemon prince, losing 6 -8 units in the process. Over the next few turns he summoned 3 daemon chariots, 3 pink horror units and 2 heralds on disks of tzeentch. eventually being wiped out on turn 6. 20-0 loss. 0-1 thus far.

mission 2 - necrons - recliamation formation with that harvest formation and formation of 2 doomscythes flyers. He spreadout across the table and was going first, I castled in one corner away from half his army (especially his harvest formation and two units of his tomb blades which I knew I would mess up my reavers if they were able to focus on them.) I got lucky and seized, shooting a unit of 3 tomb blades directly across from my castled units and they soaked up a lot poison shots but eventually died to 60-70 poison shots, I then shot up a few necron warriors. His turn he did very little damage to me due to lack of range, killing 2 reavers and moving his necrons towards me. My scourges showed up and blew up his warlords chariot and then shot up another unit of tomb blades. his doom scythes showed and targeted my walords venom and blew it up and then shot up the unit killing my warlord. His necron warriors moved back towards his table edge to get into rapid fire range and wiped out my scourge unit. in the last two turns I killed a unit of immortals, his wraiths and his last unit of tomb blades. I turbo boosted my reavers to contest his objectives and was able to hold onto 3 mine and at the end of the game he held 1. 14-6 win. 1-1 thus far.

mission 3 - Eldar with dark elder allies (3 crimson hunters, wraithknight, archon with wwp with wraith guard with d- scythes, 2 units of eldar jetbikes with farseer and big unit of kabalite warriors with splinter cannon. hammer and anvil deployment.) This was a tough fight and very close until the very end. He went first with the wraithknight walking up the middle of the table, his shots taking a hull point off a jinking venom and causing another to also jink. He cast shrouded on himself and other units within a certain radius, periled in the process ended up losing physic shriek. My turn I forced the farseers unit to jink and killed a jetbike. Moved further away from the wraith knight and shot a few venoms at him, wounding him 3 times but he made all three of his FNP rolls. I turbo-boosted two units of reavers, behind a building hoping to get at the farseer's unit in CC next turn. His turn 2 wraith knight took down a venom and his crimson hunters came on in the formation that ignores cover, killing 2 more venoms and putting a hull point on another. His kabalite warriors (traitors! Smile) moved around to get LOS on one squad of reavers wiping them out. His jetbikes shot at the other unit reavers that was behind his lines, killing one but the other two passed their morale test. Things were looking grim, even by dark elder standards. Wink
my turn 2, my 2 units of scourges arrived and claimed an objective and proceeded, along with some venoms to shoot the smaller unit of jetbikes, wiping them out. The Two remaining reavers assaulted the farseer's jetbike unit, killing 4 for not wounds back, farseer broke and was cut down by the reavers who consolidated by out los of the his kabalite warriors. My surviving units at the other end of the table, pushed up towards the crimson hunters and into my corners and table edge and opened up with every poison shot, heat lance and blaster I had causing 4 wounds on the wraithknight. His turn 3 he moved his wraith knight within 6 of one of my venom with kabalites with a blaster in it. He opened fire wrecking the venom, I disembarked them behind the venom making it a 9inch charge which he failed, my over watching kabalites taking another wound off him with a lucky splinter rifle shot!! Meanwhile his crimson hunter vector danced to the other side of the table, still in the formation that ignores cover and blew away two more venoms, the escaping kabalites failing the pinning check. My turn 3 my warlord arrived via deepstrike with near my opponents traitorous kabalite warriors blowing away 6. My reavers assaulted the remaining after the scourge picked off 2 more with their blasters, his overwatch killed one reaver but the other killed 3 more anyway and broke and ran down the remainder. My blasters and remaining poison shots finally took down the wraithknight with the last blaster shot finishing him off!! My solo reaver consolidated onto an objective and my 2 other reaver unit also take objectives. His turn 4, his archon finally arrives and kills my warlord and everyone inside his venom. his crimson hunters break formation and try and kill my objective secure venom but I jink it. he fires at my solo reaver, which jinks and so do my other reaver unit. My turn 4 I move toward an objective in his deployment zone (its worth 3 vps for this mission) I shoot some poison shots at the wraith guard killing 2. His turn 5, he moves and runs his wraith guard to contest the objective worth 3's vp to me.his crimson hunter picks off the solo reaver holding the 3 vp objective. another crimson hunter kills some scourge but they are fearless at this point and the remaining crimson hunter tries again to kill my objective secure venom heading for that 3 vp objective but I make another jink save!! my turn 5 I move the venom beside objective, shoot wraith guard too no effect. game ends. 18-2 win. 2-1 thus far.

mission 4 - Chaos Space marines - Death Guard - Chaos warband + spawn (5 with 2 plasma guns, Warlord on bike with power fist and lightning claw, 5 spawn, 3 units of havocs with rhino (2 with 4 plasma guns and 1 with 4 melta guns.) 2 units chaos marines with plasma guns, 1 unit of terminators with combi meltas. Another tough game, a relic mission + kill points ! (yikes, I have 23 of them or so!) He got infiltrate as his warlord trait for himself and 3 of his units!(havocs and there rhinos!) I set up way back and Got LOS around any blocking terrain so that he could only set up within 18inches (no night fighting Sad). He went first and tried to get first blood on my reavers killed only one and the others failed their morale test. His warlord was with the spawn moving up toward the relic. his bikers were trying to move up and get into a position to assault next turn, while doing so shot at a venom which jinked. no damage but practically has the relic. My turn 1, 2/3 of the army fires at the bikers and just about wipes them out. a few remaining venoms fire at and kill a spawn.
his turn 2 - he gets the relic and starts to move back, fearing my range and poison (relic is worth 6 vps!) the next few turns I play very patiently with scourges dropping in which start to pop rhino and then poison all the guys inside. I get the last spawn down to its 1 wound by it flees to the end of the table to deny me the kill point. He tries to kill my warlord with deep striking terminators but I jink and then wipe them out with returning fire. final turn I get too close he mutli charges me with a chaos marine squad and his warlord catching 2 reaver units and a scourge unit, he kills 2 reavers, its turn 5 and I'm fearless. I hit and run out the 2 reaver units and leave the scourge to their fate. I the last round he does two wounds to the scourge and one makes its invun. Tough weird match, where I didn't concede a single kill point!!! 12-8 win. 3-1 thus far.

mission 5 - imperial guard - tanks flyer infantry veterans etc. Funny game, great guy but in the end I feeling guilty for beating him so badly. By the end of turn 5 he only has his flyer left on one hull point.
20-0. Final result 4-1!!!

I finish 2nd! with the guy who beat me in the first round with magnus coming first. Delighted! My best result with DE at a tournament!!
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment.   1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2017, 16:57

congrats thx for the update
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment.   1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt CAD + RSR list of an up and coming tournment.
Page 1 of 1