THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drawing; The Duet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 17:14

Drawing; The Duet Duet_010

So, I've recently started to draw again after a long break and decided to get back into the swing of things with a drawing of my favourite faction in 40k. Decided to picture two characters from a story I've been working on. Only a sketch for the moment, will hopefully get around to shading soon. As always criticism is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 22:49

Really cool! Much better than any of my attempts at drawing Smile I especially like the little touches like how the Wych's clothes attach by little barbs hooked into her skin. Very DEldar Smile

As for constructive criticism, the only thing I'd add is that it could probably do with a little more shading in some places. Especially the armour looks a little flat, but things like the Wych's hair and clothing show that you've got the talent at shading to make them look really good Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 12:20

Thanks for the feedback, I remembered reading that dark eldar armour had barbs into the skin to heighten the senses of those who wore it, so thought it would make a nice addition to the outfit, glad it looks in theme.

This was just the base outline of the drawing I should be putting up the shaded version once I get around to it, but that may take a while.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 13:09

If it'll end up anything like the drawing that's your avatar I can't wait! Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 19:58

I like how you drew the Scourge/Solarite with the Archon helmet - or alternatively drew the Archon with Scourge wings! I wish we could do this in-game Sad

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 20:00

Thanks, it's copying the model I use for my scourge solarite, though I remain ever hopeful that GW will allow me to take an archon with wings or even a jetbike.
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03 2017, 12:51

Drawing; The Duet L_00110

My usual slow work speed and I finally managed to finish the shading on the main characters. Now onto the background... so another six months and it will be finished.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04 2017, 18:27

Looking great! Very Happy

Drawing; The Duet YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
The Red Magician
Slave
The Red Magician

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2018, 04:20

That is really cool. The shading looks very nice.

Also, Check out my podcast about the Tarot!
The S&M Podcast
Back to top Go down
http://www.sorcerermagician.wordpress.com
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 20:30

Thanks, its a pity I never finished it and think I left it in my old house :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drawing; The Duet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing; The Duet   Drawing; The Duet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drawing; The Duet
Page 1 of 1