THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternatives to finecast Aspects?

Go down 
+2
TeenageAngst
StackedDeck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
StackedDeck
Hellion
StackedDeck

Alternatives to finecast Aspects? Empty
PostSubject: Alternatives to finecast Aspects?   Alternatives to finecast Aspects? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 23:33

Aside from Dire Avengers it looks like the only GW models for the Aspect Warriors are either finecast or older metal. Has anyone found good alternatives, even if it means going to a third party? If not then a viable conversion?
I'm considering trying to alter a box of AoS Sisters if Slaughter to be Banshees, or maybe use Wyches if I can find a good mask replacement? Has anyone tried something similar??
Really at a loss for trying to convert something into Dragons, Scorpions, or Spiders?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to finecast Aspects?   Alternatives to finecast Aspects? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21 2017, 15:29

China sells resin recasts that are about as bad as finecast but cost a quarter the price. These are unauthorized retailers though and I am in no way suggesting you find their emails and/or harass /tg/ about them.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Srota
Kabalite Warrior
Srota

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to finecast Aspects?   Alternatives to finecast Aspects? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21 2017, 18:22

You may also want to look at places like Raging heroes and the like as well.
Back to top Go down
tibersky
Hellion
tibersky

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to finecast Aspects?   Alternatives to finecast Aspects? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 08:41

Old school Dark Eldar Kabalite Warrior models with the hair bits look a lot like Dire Avengers, so I use those. Look at High/Dark elf models for kitbash material too.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to finecast Aspects?   Alternatives to finecast Aspects? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 09:00

There are a few Polish companies that make fairly blatant rip offs of various aspects so you might want to google those.

StackedDeck
Hellion
StackedDeck

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to finecast Aspects?   Alternatives to finecast Aspects? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 01:58

Thanks for the different places to look.
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to finecast Aspects?   Alternatives to finecast Aspects? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 10:37

The basic plastic guardian is a fine base for conversions. It's much easier to make them 'wield the same equipment' as aspect warriors than BE aspect warriors though, so consider theming them as corsairs with exotic weaponry.

The more simple parts you can make a cast with harder greenstuff, wait for it to dry and press softer greenstuff into it.

Avengers: just muck around with the guardian helmet, or find a High Elf player who rage-quit AoS and get those feather and head crests that all their plastics have.

3+ sv's: greenstuff their chest armor to be a single plate instead of two pectoral plates, give them heavier shoulder armor this could be pauldrons or hanging HE style scale. High Elf scale armor is not difficult to make a greenstuff cast out of as it's flat on the other side.

Mandiblaster: there's this bit that looks like a swooping hawk grenade pack, attach it to the guardian's arm or shoulder and it reads as some kind of digiweapon.

fusion guns: cut the barrel off the catapult barrel and magazine, replace with rounded bits. Or get DE splinter rifles, smooth out the spikey bits and put a bulb at the end.

hawk wings: get plasticard, cut it up so it's fin shaped like what Corsair jet packs look like.

warp spider pack: add large bulb bits to the backpack slots. Large smooth shapes are relatively easy to make with greenstuff or the correct sized plastic spoon and greenstuff.
Alternatively you can use the longest guardian backpack bits encrusted with gems, attack multiples of that to the backpack and say it's "warp navigation vanes". As long as it's got a big backpack silhouette it'll stand out. Especially with a death spinner.

death spinner: take those left over shuriken catapult barrels, stack the flat ends on each other so they form a bulb and put some dark eldar spikey parts at the tip. Cut the banana magazine off and replace with a tube going to the backpack. Or get some DE shredders.

Here's an example of greenstuff molding corsair wings:
http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2012/01/forge-world-inspired-eldar-corsair.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to finecast Aspects?   Alternatives to finecast Aspects? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternatives to finecast Aspects?
Page 1 of 1