THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults

Go down 
+4
mynamelegend
TheBaconPope
The Red King
CurstAlchemist
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:01

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-genestealer-cults/
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:28

I wonder if that's how Ynnari will work and if they get their own focus since their name is separate on the book.

Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:35

Anyone notice how they posted a faction focus but not a regular article today?

Are they, pardon the repetitious vocabulary, focusing on faction focuses now?

We already know a lot of the core rules, by their releases and leaks, so I suppose it would make sense.

Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:38

It's cool that the Genestealers get a way to guarantee an assault out of deep strike while also ignoring Overwatch and always going first and making enemies roll worse to-hit, on top of that 5++ Genestealers got according to the Tyranid Faction Focus.

Wonder if we'll get literally any of those things for our fragile, Overwatch-vulnerable assault units?
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:58

We still don't know how our webway related abilities, if any, will work. I expect something similar to genestealer cult stuff but with a more spiky flavour.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 17:47

The ability to take IG units gives me false hope that the old looted vehicle rules for Orks may make a return.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeSun May 28 2017, 23:11

mynamelegend wrote:
It's cool that the Genestealers get a way to guarantee an assault out of deep strike while also ignoring Overwatch and always going first and making enemies roll worse to-hit, on top of that 5++ Genestealers got according to the Tyranid Faction Focus.

Wonder if we'll get literally any of those things for our fragile, Overwatch-vulnerable assault units?
Most of that is a case of "no change" for GSC.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 08:19

CurstAlchemist wrote:
The ability to take IG units gives me false hope that the old looted vehicle rules for Orks may make a return.

That would be awesome, but I highly doubt it.
Still you could always ad one in at the cost of -1 command point.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 19:16

mynamelegend wrote:

Here's hope: So you get assaulted by Genestealers. They blow up your Raider or Venom in melee. Now what? If you have an assault unit inside they can now charge, and as far as I know Genestealers don't have much in the way of Overwatch. Before that you'll be able to shoot with most of your army since they're all there in your backfield with the pesky Genestealers. Don't forget the GSC player won't be able to bring the full brunt of his forces to bear since (unless they get an exemption) he will still have to deploy half of his forces. So at most you'll be facing half of his army against all of yours. He's literally divided himself for you to conquer. I don't think GSC will be any more overpowered than any other army. They'll be competitive, definitely, but not by dividing up their forces and attacking you piecemeal. I'd be more afraid of their Vehicles at the moment. Just my $0.02.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults   8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Faction Focus Genestealer Cults
Page 1 of 1