THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

falling back transports and shooting.

Go down 
+2
Squidmaster
helvexis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

falling back transports and shooting. Empty
PostSubject: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 14:44

when falling back a unit cannot shoot unless it has the fly special rule. the open topped rule says any restrictions or modifiers that apply to the model apply to the passengers then going on to say that when falling back it cannot shoot and so on.

however our open topped transports can shoot because we fly(unlike the orks and genestealer cults) does this mean the passengers can also shoot as the model isnt restricted from shooting?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 14:54

Yes it does.

Any firing restrictions on the vehicle apply to passengers.
But FLY emliminates the restriction from the vehicle, so it no longer applies to it or the passengers.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 15:20

No.
In the Open-topped section it specifically states "that the passengers cannot shoot if this model Falls Back, even though the Raider itself can."
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 23:38

Logan Frost wrote:
No.
In the Open-topped section it specifically states "that the passengers cannot shoot if this model Falls Back, even though the Raider itself can."

Ahh so it does right at the bottom where i have a hard time reading it lol >.>

ok so same question except their are scourge or hellions inside it(for whatever reason) as they have fly and can shoot while falling back
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 23:43

I'd say models with fly can shoot if they fall back, but since they are passengers they aren't falling back, the transport is, so as specified they cannot shoot.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 11:11

Get the passengers out, then the transport falls back, then all can shoot. Just have to weather a round of shooting with the troops.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 15:02

jeah but you have to deploy within 3 of the transport and out of reach of enemies so it might be quite hard to get out if fighting any mob unit like orks/nids.
Back to top Go down
Wyrlock
Slave
Wyrlock

PostSubject: Re: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 18:39

There's two contradictory, or one potentially superfluous statement.

''When they do so, any restrictions or modifers that apply to this model, also apply to their passengers; for example, the passengers cannot shoot if this model has Fallen Back in the same turn,''

In the case of Scourges or Hellions, they also get the ''Fallen Back'' modifier but since they also have Fly it shouldn't be an issue with their shooting. However,

''passengers cannot shoot if this model Falls Back''

Is explicit and would probably override any rules which would allow shooting, but makes the quoted example used in the text reduntant.

My guess is that GW noticed Scourges and Hellions could take transports and added the last section, rather than adding <Jump Pack> tag. Which was really nice of them.

Regardless the answer by RAW is no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: falling back transports and shooting.   falling back transports and shooting. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

falling back transports and shooting.
Page 1 of 1