THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Double Splinter canon venom worth it?

Go down 
+22
lament.config
Barrywise
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Ikol
Hellstrom
The Red King
Dark Elf Dave
|Meavar
Archon Vitcus
Count Adhemar
Painjunky
LordSplata
Rusty293
Dawnstone
Massaen
helvexis
Skulnbonz
wormfromhell
Shadows Revenge
HERO
spellcheck2001
CptMetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

Double Splinter canon venom worth it?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Splinter canon venom worth it?    Double Splinter canon venom worth it?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 12:05

Cool. I will try hellions ASAP and go hunting for a multi-wound, average AS unit for them to dump wounds on.  

I love reavers so i'm biased.  Laughing  
Also my first game with reavers in 8th 1 unit of 3 locked up 20 tac marines in CC turn 2 preventing them from shooting next turn. Killed 5 with shooting, grav talon, CC  and only lost 1.5 in return.
Next turn a counter assault unit jumped in and smoked them. Then MY counter assault units smoked them!  Very Happy

I like the extra blasters too.
Back to top Go down
Frederick Vael
Hellion
Frederick Vael

PostSubject: Re: Double Splinter canon venom worth it?    Double Splinter canon venom worth it?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 12:58

Hos would you kit reavers then? On paper i think the Heat Lance works quite well on them, so you could get 3 with +1T drug and 1 heat lance, but as you pointed out 3 reavers with +1A and agonizer do as much dmg as 5 helliins with stun claws (kind of). Would you kit them full melee, or go with the shooty version, or a mix of both? Stick with 3 reavers and msu or have a couple of 6 reavers?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Double Splinter canon venom worth it?    Double Splinter canon venom worth it?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 14:55

My problem with Heat Lances are the cost and Range. They cost more than a DL with 1/2 the range, less Str and 1/4 the range to insure more damage.

Its a 345pts for 3x3 with HL, that is to me a HUGE cost and if i were to do that (not saying it is bad just saying its a lot of points) i would MAKE SURE to get the drugs i want and take cheap troops to protect them, Wyches of 5mans 1 weapon and agoniser is pretty cheap, taking 5-6 units and a Succubus will make sure to get your Reavers all +1 toughness, and you can use the Wyches to stop to large of threats the your bikes.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Double Splinter canon venom worth it?    Double Splinter canon venom worth it?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 21:53

Frederick Vael wrote:
Hos would you kit reavers then? On paper i think the Heat Lance works quite well on them, so you could get 3 with +1T drug and 1 heat lance, but as you pointed out 3 reavers with +1A and agonizer do as much dmg as 5 helliins with stun claws (kind of). Would you kit them full melee, or go with the shooty version, or a mix of both? Stick with 3 reavers and msu or have a couple of 6 reavers?

I have been using 3x3- blaster, ago and grav talon at 2000 pts. +1A, +1T and +2Mv.
I don't like the heatlance for reasons amishprn86 mentioned.
I dont have exp with 6 manz. Seems too expensive and harder to hide but give em a go and let us know. Smile
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Double Splinter canon venom worth it?    Double Splinter canon venom worth it?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 03:07

I have been enjoying reavers quite a lot.

I have only tried units of 9 so far. And I have not been disappointed at all. I either give the reavers +1t, +1attack or +2move.

T5 is my favorite so far as it keeps the larger unit much safer. The extra attack I increases their damage output a lot.
I also love the +2 movement. Moving the bikes 18" comes in handy that's from sure. I love the extra movement a lot.

Anyways. Back on topic.

Are double splinter cannons worth it? They are absolutely worth it in my experience so far. The extra firepower at range makes a huge difference. Even if it doesn't seem like it on paper.  Without the extra cannon the venom just seems like it only has one purpose. And that is to transport dudes around. Which is good. I prefer to have the venom have more than one function during my games. Dark Eldar are a shoot army. So make the venoms shooty. :-)

PostSubject: Re: Double Splinter canon venom worth it?    Double Splinter canon venom worth it?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double Splinter canon venom worth it?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3