THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Pure DE competitive

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ragefister
Slave
ragefister

2k Pure DE competitive Empty
PostSubject: 2k Pure DE competitive   2k Pure DE competitive I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 18:59

Hi all, I'm playing in a tournament this weekend and I'm looking for some constructive criticism on my list. I'm trying to get as much dark light and vehicles in here as I can. Let me know what you think! Not sure how I should spend HQ tax...

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [25 PL, 534pts] ++
+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 170pts]: 2 Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 170pts]: 2 Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon

Voidraven [9 PL, 194pts]: Two dark scythes, Voidraven Missiles

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [70 PL, 1466pts] ++

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 73pts]: Agoniser, Blaster

Haemonculus [5 PL, 76pts]: Crucible of Malediction, Haemonculus tools, Splinter Pistol

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 50pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

+ Elites +

Kabalite Trueborn [5 PL, 115pts]
. Dracon: Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn with Special Weapon: Blaster

Kabalite Trueborn [5 PL, 115pts]
. Dracon: Splinter Rifle

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [6 PL, 150pts]
. Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Dark Lance
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 156pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Ravager [8 PL, 156pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Shock Prow

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom [4 PL, 95pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Total: [95 PL, 2000pts] ++
Back to top Go down
Halude
Slave
Halude

PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure DE competitive   2k Pure DE competitive I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 20:37

Nice list, i'm running similar list myself,

What would your tactics be, are you looking to put all 5 man squads in the venom's leaving the characters on their own, are you looking to park them in cover for the whole games as this could be easy VP's for you opponent with ambushing units 9" away.

or will you be using the ravagers to provide area denial due to the size of the hulls at the back to protect the characters due to their 36" range?
Back to top Go down
ragefister
Slave
ragefister

PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure DE competitive   2k Pure DE competitive I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 20:42

I think I'd just be hiding them for the most part. I'm going to make my ravagers coven units and park my haemy next to them for the +1 T boost. Not sure what I'm going to do with archon. Probably just make him my warlord and park him in cover maybe on an objective. I think he is more survivable due to shadowfield. Was thinking about taking two haemys to park next to ravagers instead of archon maybe? I'll definitely have to take ambush into consideration when I deploy.
Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure DE competitive   2k Pure DE competitive I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 15:33

Necrons with Ghosts Arks would chew this list up and spit it out.

You have 75 points invested into Splinter Cannon upgrades on your venoms. Why not drop those and maybe take a few disintegrators on your Ravagers?
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure DE competitive   2k Pure DE competitive I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 17:17

Right for starters you can't make Ravagers Haemonculus coven, the only units that can do that are Venoms and raiders. If your plan is to take HQs as a tax, take warlocks. They're cheaper. Following on from that, if you want DE HQs leaving our HQ sitting in the backfield to flounder is not their strong suit IMO. They are survivable yes, but competent assault Troops will kill them in a turn or two and if your opponent has any mobility reaching them won't be hard. It also means that if you keep them in the backfield around the Ravagers, you risk giving a mobile opponent free warlord or hamstringing your Ravagers. They're not good unsupported. As already stated you have a large amount of points invested in splinter cannons, which within 12" only provide an extra 2 shots. Most of the time if you can get within 18, you can get within 12. The only ones I would consider keeping are the ones on the Razorwings, as the lack of mobility on the Fliers means longer range is always going to help. I would also consider dropping the Voidraven missiles, as they just don't seem worth it on a model that will attract so much attention. It's potent enough stock IMO. I would also change out the scourge for a Ravager. They bodies are nice for objectives sure, but they should be avoiding contested objectives like the plague on account of how fast they will die. Moreover, if they move they only have the same damage output as the ravager, so IMO you are better paying the extra 5 points for the ravager, unless your heavy support is full or you're playing Ynnari. So if you drop the splinter cannons (on the venoms) , the missiles and swap the scourge for a Ravager that leaves you 95 points to spend. You could straight up buy a Venom (which if you get in within 12 completely makes up for the shots you would lose over your list) an Electrocorrosive wip for the Haemonculus and some upgrades. I would go a step further however and drop one of the the venom kabalite sqauds and pick up a unit like this:

5 Wracks
Electrocorrosive wip
X2 Liquifier
Raider
- Dark lance
Total: 204

Then with the remaining points you could give the Haemonculus a Liquifier and an Electrocorrosive wip as well. This will give you a good counter charge unit and some good AI through assault and the liquifiers, especially against T3. It also keeps your Haemonculus mobile in the case where he can use his Crucible and makes the Archon's Blaster a factor instead of wasted points. I'd also recommend the PGL if you have a few points to spare, as it's a great upgrade, especially on the Archon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure DE competitive   2k Pure DE competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Pure DE competitive
Page 1 of 1