THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drazhar. What is his point?

Go down 
+10
Barrywise
LordSplata
Archon_91
Count Adhemar
Ikol
amishprn86
The Shredder
Sanore
|Meavar
FuelDrop
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Drazhar. What is his point?  Empty
PostSubject: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 10:07

Drazhar.
The Dark Eldar "Phoenix Lord" of the Incubi.

So, what is he supposed to do?

Against Characters, he struggles due to mediocre strength (5 or 4), meh attacks (4 or 6, maybe +1 from warlord trait), and most especially his terrible damage (1). His Aura does not help him at all, and does not synergize with his only special ability. He also only has 5 wounds, one less than any other phoenix lord, and his 5++ is not enough to deal with most melee characters in his points bracket.

Against hordes Drazhar fairs a little better, eating through guardsmen fairly effectively due to his decent strength and good save. However, killing somewhere around 3-4 guardsmen a turn is not even remotely good for a 140 point character.

As a buff character, Drazhar has a niche of buffing exactly one unit in the codex and finds himself literally redundant as of turn 3.

So what is he supposed to do? Cut through Elite Infantry?
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 10:39

His point is to high in cost. And prove that GW does not care about dark eldar enough to realise his buff is useless half the game (the half where they might actually se combat)

He right now is okish as an space marine killer. Although expensive. I sometimes think they just added a 20% price increase on all our units to take PfP into account not looking at the model individually.
But I think most aeldari characters are expensive for what they bring.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 10:54

|Meavar wrote:
His point is to high in cost. And prove that GW does not care about dark eldar enough to realise his buff is useless half the game (the half where they might actually se combat)

He right now is okish as an space marine killer. Although expensive. I sometimes think they just added a 20% price increase on all our units to take PfP into account not looking at the model individually.
But I think most aeldari characters are expensive for what they bring.

Given how he needs to kill, what, 10, 11 tactical marines in order to make his points back, and he can kill 3ish a fight phase on average, he will be struggling to make his points back with regular marines. And since he only does one wound and all the good stuff for SM has 2+ wounds, I can't imagine him making his points back most games.

I am looking at an iconic special character, leader of a very specialized sect of warriors, famed as one of the scariest duelists in existence, and asking the question "What does this guy do again?"

I mean, he costs about the same as 7 regular Incubi and does nothing that they cannot do better!

As a side note, I practically ignore power from pain. I play a Kabal and my feet rarely touch the ground, so most games it's just a tax to me. I would play my beloved Wych cult but that isn't a viable option, no matter what our 1d4chan tactica says (seriously, whoever wrote that article was brain damaged.)
Back to top Go down
Sanore
Hellion
Sanore

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 11:47

FuelDrop wrote:
I am looking at an iconic special character, leader of a very specialized sect of warriors, famed as one of the scariest duelists in existence, and asking the question "What does this guy do again?"

Unfortunately, this can be said when talking about Lilith as well. She is supposedly one of if not the best succubus around yet she does hardly anything better than the stock succubus. The only real advantage is her better dodge save and her character killing bonus because her cc benefits all come from her weapons. Lilith has the same stat line as a stock succubus does and she's 15 points off from costing double the points a stock succubus does.

All of our character options leave a lot to be desired even when just compared to their stock counter parts, much less when compared to other characters.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 11:51

Sanore wrote:
FuelDrop wrote:

Unfortunately, this can be said when talking about Lilith as well. She is supposedly one of if not the best succubus around yet she does hardly anything better than the stock succubus. The only real advantage is her better dodge save and her character killing bonus because her cc benefits all come from her weapons. Lilith has the same stat line as a stock succubus does and she's 15 points off from costing double the points a stock succubus does.

All of our character options leave a lot to be desired even when just compared to their stock counter parts, much less when compared to other characters.

Untrue! Look at our Special Character Archon... wait, oh yeah, we lost all of those last edition.

I'm pretty sure our best close combat death machine this edition, including all special characters, is a generic Haermie with an Electrocorrosive Whip.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 12:15

Nah the best cc death machine this edition is to not take a character but a unit incubi instead.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 12:16

Rare footage of Drazhar training without his armour:

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 13:00

He cost dbl what he needs to and his aura is trash, he is trash.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 13:07

He could be good.
Just move the extra attack feature to 6+ to hit (thus his aura makes it a 5+ and becomes 4+ on turn 3), give him 5 attacks base, and make his weapon do 3 wounds when 2-handed and 2 wounds when 1-handed. Boom, he tears through practically anyone.

Oh, and 6 wounds. Because Phoenix Lord.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:01

The Shredder wrote:
Rare footage of Drazhar training without his armour:

As someone currently studying Silat and SEACS with a history in rapier and sabre play...

This is just insulting.

But it's about thrice as hilarious in context.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:04

FuelDrop wrote:
He could be good.
Just move the extra attack feature to 6+ to hit (thus his aura makes it a 5+ and becomes 4+ on turn 3), give him 5 attacks base, and make his weapon do 3 wounds when 2-handed and 2 wounds when 1-handed. Boom, he tears through practically anyone.

Boom. Instantly his kit synergises with itself.

Instead of the scatter-brained "we'll run in fifteen different directions and get nowhere" approach he's currently taking.

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:06

Ikol wrote:
FuelDrop wrote:
He could be good.

Boom.  Instantly his kit synergises with itself.

Instead of the scatter-brained "we'll run in fifteen different directions and get nowhere" approach he's currently taking.

I'll do you one better: give all Incubi the ability to get extra attacks on attack rolls of 6+. Suddenly buff goes from useless after turn 3 to being even more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:11

Honestly, if we can come up with these fluffy and efficient ideas for our units why can't Games Workshop?

Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:11

FuelDrop wrote:
Ikol wrote:
FuelDrop wrote:
He could be good.

Boom.  Instantly his kit synergises with itself.

I'll do you one better: give all Incubi the ability to get extra attacks on attack rolls of 6+. Suddenly buff goes from useless after turn 3 to being even more powerful.

Follow this up with Drazhar regaining his riposte, say; each time a model fails to Hit Drazhar in the Fight Phase, he may make 1 attack against that model.  Lets him tear through hordes and punishes low quality high quantity attacks.

Of course, this would work better if WS functioned properly...

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:13

Count Adhemar wrote:
Honestly, if we can come up with these fluffy and efficient ideas for our units why can't Games Workshop?

Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:17

Hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahahhah...

AHAHAHAAAAHAHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHH!!!

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:17

I love MST3K!!

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 22:10

I honestly think that somewhere in Drahzar's data sheet is a typo ... Either in the "wounds rolls of a 6..." which was meant to say " hits rolls of a 6" or "add 1 to the to hit rolls..." Was meant to read "add 1 to the damage characteristic ... " or " add 1 to the wound roll ..." ... So now we need to flood the GW faq area with questions of Drahzar and see if they respond or not.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 22:13

Archon_91 wrote:
I honestly think that somewhere in Drahzar's data sheet is a typo

I think it's in his name. It simply says "Drazhar", when it was actually supposed to read '"Fat Bloke Cosplaying as Drazhar".
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19 2017, 00:15

FuelDrop wrote:
He could be good.

Fluffy and it fills a niche for us, close combat character and monstrous creature assassin. Old one eye is close to the same points and has a rule where any hit you land you get another attack, useful, fluffy and similar points (with a 3 damage weapon no less)!!!
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19 2017, 13:28

Just wait for the Codex.

The indexes are just framework before they put up the walls. Y'all gotta relax, lol.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19 2017, 13:29

Barrywise wrote:
Just wait for the Codex.

The indexes are just framework before they put up the walls. Y'all gotta relax, lol.

CoughSeventh EditionCough
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19 2017, 13:44

Just save your complaining for when the codex drops and we see where we stand.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19 2017, 13:45

Barrywise wrote:
Just save your complaining for when the codex drops and we see where we stand.

What am I supposed to complain about for the next year then?!?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19 2017, 13:49

The releases contained in other codices, duh Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar. What is his point?    Drazhar. What is his point?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drazhar. What is his point?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next