THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Astra militarum codex release...

Go down 
+8
CptMetal
Pain Engine
Archon_91
Squidmaster
WS0007
Mppqlmd
Lord Nakariial
Darkin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

Astra militarum codex release... Empty
PostSubject: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:07

What that means, is that nids tau an Eldar will all come before the DE codex. For me the Atra Codex release confirmed all leaks regarding the next codxes cuz all leks said Astra will be next
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:17

This has already been confirmed by GW that all these codices will be out before the end of November, leaving December this year a mystery at the moment, but probably more marines.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:30

I would see T'au becoming their next target. There really need some extra love in 8th edition.

Orks as so good in their Index that they are one of the least pressing army to codexify.

Hellion
WS0007

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 15:21

I think they said Orks would get a small update in Chapter Approved, I would even venture to say that Orks will get a models update to their existing army when they do a codex for World Eaters maybe even during an Armageddon Campaign.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 14:19

Lord Nakariial wrote:
This has already been confirmed by GW that all these codices will be out before the end of November, leaving December this year a mystery at the moment, but probably more marines.

December. SIsters. Calling it now.

And yeah, we're scheduled for next year.
All Codexes are supposed to be out by mid-next year.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 15:52

Squidmaster wrote:

December. Sisters. Calling it now.

And yeah, we're scheduled for next year.
All Codexes are supposed to be out by mid-next year.

Believe me nothing would make me happier...but alas I doubt it...but I am willing to eat my hat.

I agree that Orks will probably get some Chapter Approved love and then a big Codex reveal next year, there is a lot of models that need an upgrade for Orks, some of the size differences are laughable.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 18:31

I think one of the first codecies out next year is gonna be a slaanesh themed chaos book ... Followed by Tau then Necrons ... Then another couple chaos/imperium books leaving Orks, DE and Harlequins for last, however I am not really sad about that as that means they will have had plenty of time to read over the letter we sent them and possible add the suggested fixes to the codex ... Or because of the letter they might change their release schedule and go from there ...
Back to top Go down
Pain Engine
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 22:17

Archon_91 wrote:
Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 19:31  
I think one of the first codecies out next year is gonna be a slaanesh themed chaos book ...

Really? Wouldn't it be pretty odd to release Emperor's Children right after the whole Death Guard thing (assuming that you didn't mean a slaaneshi daemons release, which would be extremely unexpected and isn't really needed). Why do you think that?

Archon_91 wrote:
Followed by Tau then Necrons ... Then another couple chaos/imperium books leaving Orks, DE and Harlequins for last, however I am not really sad about that as that means they will have had plenty of time to read over the letter we sent them and possible add the suggested fixes to the codex ...

Fully agree. Still hurts pretty bad to be left behind and forgotten, especially with all the disappointments these last few years and with the insane gap in power and fluffiness between indexes and codexes.

Archon_91 wrote:
Or because of the letter they might change their release schedule and go from there ...

I highly doubt that. The schedule and order of codexes is probably set in stone at this point.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 23:18

Because at this point slaanesh is the only chaos god that hasn't had anything released for the last few years, Khorne and tzeench had supplement armies made for them and Nurgle now has death guard so the only on left is slaanesh ... I would imagine they would release another chaos army right after death guard but slaanesh hasn't seen love in the form of her own codex, like the other gods.
Back to top Go down
Pain Engine
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 23:26

Archon_91 wrote:
Because at this point slaanesh is the only chaos god that hasn't had anything released for the last few years, Khorne and tzeench had supplement armies made for them and Nurgle now has death guard so the only on left is slaanesh ...

Wait what? Did I miss something? I remember Khârn, the Bloodthirster and Khorne Daemonkin, but no World Eaters. Or maybe that was what you meant? Anyway, I'm sure all four gods will have their legions represented in new sculpts sooner or later. It'd still surprise me if the next release was EC. I'm just waiting for a daemonic Perty model.
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 01:53

Slaanesh is getting phased out, it doesn't fit the "equal and politically correct stance" GW currently stands for.

Ynnari will replace Slaanesh in 40k and Nagash will replace Slaanesh in AoS, they've already started the transition.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 05:50

Lord Nakariial wrote:
Slaanesh is getting phased out, it doesn't fit the "equal and politically correct stance" GW currently stands for.

Ynnari will replace Slaanesh in 40k and Nagash will replace Slaanesh in AoS, they've already started the transition.

That's wonderful.
Because war, genocide, genetic manipulations on massive scales and religious fanatism is okay, but Terra forbids that we shows our youth those gender-confused dancing deamons.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 06:22

^ That, and if phasing her out was the case would they really have added slaaneshi chaos marines to the chaos index/codex? I don't think slaanesh is phasing out ... Just changing ... That and Ynnead still has the monoboob like the other slanneshi daemons so ... I don't see a difference really ...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 10:38

Passing she who thirsts out is just rubbish. No one in euros got a problem with an occasional boob and if some prude people complain about that but are okay with genocide war and terror, they should re examine their priorities.
I've never ever heard something that hints to this development except the occasional whining on the Internet.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 14:17

Probably a problem in the USA, though, where violence is okay for kids but nudity isn't.

Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 14:33

Slaanesh is not going away, didn't GW just released something for AoS?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 14:44

Warhammer 40K is not for kid. The only use for kid in 40K is to be taken in Commoragh and slowly tortured.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 14:59

dumpeal wrote:
Warhammer 40K is not for kid. The only use for kid in 40K is to be taken in Commoragh and slowly tortured.
They started aiming for a young public years ago. The boxes say "5 years +" which is kinda dumb. Anyway, i started WHFB at age 8 (and indeed, 40k looked wayyyy too "adult" back then) so i can't blame kids for wanting to try it out.

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 15:46

I'm not saying it because I want it to be so, I have a 3K Slaanesh Daemon Army packed to the brim with tit horses, tit fiends and tit diaznettes.

Now I agree with Mpp that children are a big reason, mainly because mums won't invest large amounts of money in their five year old children painting breasts, elven, human or demonic for that matter.

The concern is from the want to bring women into the hobby (which has been an issue in the past, there was actually an internal investigation into the numbers of complaints GW H.O received about women feeling completely uncomfortable in stores). Having a daemon that represents lust purely through a feminine doctrine does not do well to bring women into the hobby when they are being objectified...and not just by Slaanesh. Thus the moving away from such ideas.

Now would I rather see Slaanesh stay and have manly warrior daemon women riding erect penises into battle, why the hell not! But then that would alienate the guys out there who aren't comfortable enough with their sexuality to go out and buy a daemonette on cock steed.

I'm just saying Slaanesh is a touchy subject right now, thus why there is no releases planned for Slaanesh, no new toys, she's imprisoned in AoS and very rarely talked about and I feel we shall see the same in 40K. Not that the range will dissapear overnight, but it will transition and possibly dwindle.

Just my two cents. I respect anyone's alternate opinions Smile

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 15:50

I don't think Slaanesh is going to be phased out completely, although I do expect a redesign soon - there've been rumours pending for a while now that there's going to be a dual Slaanesh/Aelf release for Age of Sigmar. That'd fit well with the storyline, at least.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 20:32

CptMetal wrote:
No one in euros got a problem with an occasional boob

*cough* Feminists *cough*

Wink

CptMetal wrote:
and if some prude people complain about that but are okay with genocide war and terror, they should re examine their priorities.

I completely agree. Unfortunately, there's a depressing tenancy for companies to cave in to pressure from relatively few people. It seems many would rather withdraw products or such, rather than fight back and risk being branded misogynists or such by the complainers.

Now, whether that will happen with GW and Slaanesh remains to be seen. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

At the very least, I can see Slaanesh being effectively rebranded and its demons redesigned to better adhere to progressive standards. After all, it's the current year. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 21:11

I wouldn't mind seeing Slaanesh become less sex-oriented, and more "excessive behavior" oriented.
Excess can express itself through lust, but also through greed, pride... pretty much every deadly sin.

A Slaanesh army could be the table-top equivalent of a Binding of Isaac game Twisted Evil

And also like to think that the "great eldar depravation" wasn't just sexual. Eldars are super sophisticated people, i like to think that their demeasure expressed itself in every possible way... which is not suggested at all by the current models for Slaanesh creatures.

Where are the Perfect Paintings come to life ? Where are the Refined Tasters of Hundred Meals ? If Eldars are such sophisticated people, their fantasies and luxuries must be more than a few gigantic orgies...

Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 21:42

They can't phase out Slaanesh. It's our only transgender. I AM TRIGGERED!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 21:46

dumpeal wrote:
They can't phase out Slaanesh. It's our only transgender. I AM TRIGGERED!!!! Laughing
Isn't Girlyman a transgender ?

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 21:51

That would be awesome slaanesh ... The god/goddess that represents the 7 deadly sins ... However ... The pantheon of the chaos God's have all 7 of them covered (imo ... This is just how I see them and is probably not accurate to a general consensus). We have Khorne that represents Wrath and pride his deamons pride themselves on bloodshed and rain wrath down upon his enemies. Tzeench represents greed, he and his deamons go out of their way to alter and change to benefit only themselves and gain whatever they want no matter the cost. Nurgle who represents gluttony and sloth as he and his deamons, while not eating everything is sight, do spend a lot of their time consuming the world's they invade with rot and stagnation that rolls nicely into sloth as not many of his followers are all that quick footed and are content with spreading the rot and stagnation as gifts of papa Nurgle which slow down if not completely halt progression. And finally Slaanesh who, unfortunately it seems, got the hardest and yet easiest sins to represent, envy and lust, these deamons are supposed to be unnaturally beautiful (supposed to be) which would cause their enemies to be both envious and lustful towards them, making the agents of the imperium seriously consider dropping everything and running towards their deepest lustful and envious desires. Which would mean that slanneshi deamons should look like idolized perfection ... which would mean sexualization to a certain degree (but there should definitely be male deamons in there somewhere as guard aren't just all male) ... Eh ... My two cents
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astra militarum codex release...   Astra militarum codex release... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astra militarum codex release...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next