THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Keep your forgeworld receipts.

Go down 
+4
Squidmaster
TheHostwiththeMost
Thor665
Count Adhemar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

Keep your forgeworld receipts.  Empty
PostSubject: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 02:11

Looks like tournaments might be checking COA's on Forgeworld units. Not confirmed, but could be big if true. Might start to see less malefic lords and recasts might become cheaper if you cant use them in tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 09:31

Wha?!

I don't use FOregowld stuff, but do you have any source to cite on this? Really interesting if so.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 11:05

I don't see why tournaments would care unless they were officially ran or represented by GW themselves. I use alternate miniatures all the time at tournaments. As long as they make sense, then people and comp operators are fine. The comps I run I won't be checking either.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 11:12

COA?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 12:10

Count Adhemar wrote:
COA?

Certificate of Authenticity.

Also, I tried searching to see if theres any other hint of this, and the top Google search on a few different attempts came up with......THIS thread.

Where else is this news coming from?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 12:15

I honestly can't see this happening, even at Warhammer World! Only certain FW units come with a CoA anyway don't they? Usually things like the HH Character Series etc.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 15:27

Yeah, basic units assuredly don't - and who saves receipts anyway?
I could never imagine this being enforced.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 15:31

Even at Warhammer World, what are they going to do if you say "I bought it second hand on eBay"? And why on earth would any other tournament give two hoots whether they are genuine FW models?

nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 16:13

Fake news.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 08:16

I heard it was to help combat people using cheap conversions as 14 malefic lords.

Would be pretty rough if they do this though. Better to keep the receipts just in case.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 09:34

TheHostwiththeMost wrote:
I heard it was to help combat people using cheap conversions as 14 malefic lords.

Is there an actual model for the Malefic Lord? Nothing on the FW website and a quick google isn't showing anything up.

I'm going with nerdelemental here - fake news!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 14:29

Count Adhemar wrote:

Is there an actual model for the Malefic Lord? Nothing on the FW website and a quick google isn't showing anything up.

Got to agree in strong terms. unless you can show us something which says this has actually happened, or a rule from a tournament somewhere - because I sincerely doubt they'll drop "We need tyo see your receipts/certificates" on people at a tournament without warning them first! What sort of person carries those things around?!

nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 15:20

What sort of person *keeps* them?!
1. It would have to be an incredibly high level, truly GW sanctioned and run event before I'd even imagine this level of rule could be enacted.
2. How sour would it be if I bought several LEGIT pieces from FW in the last 5 years only to have them turn me away without a cert.
3. In almost any tourny I'd go to I'd be running my Raging Heroes (cool models, not endorsing the company - they suck buttholes) DE girls and would simply drop out if they told me I could run them. I've got a nearly all chick thing going on.
4. So this is a dumb thing. Let's get back to crying about how splinters shot from a cannon are *SOMEHOW* not as powerful as harnessing the darklight power of a black hole.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 23:07

I get it, keeping receipts is hard for you guys seeing as everyone has to pay for forgeworld in cash and totally doesnt have a credit card to check.  Next time I hear something ill keep it to myself.  Having no forgeworld allowed is way better than needing a receipt, you are right.  How dare I suggest something people who pay taxes do anyways...

All those internet points I got for this post too, Ill have to give them back huh.

I mean, its not like there was ever a rule where you had to have a certain percent of GW plastic/pewter/resin...  That totally never happened.  Ever.  Period. In fact GW stores have always allowed you to use their tables with models from other companies... it would be crazy to think otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07 2017, 09:48

Whoa mate, calm down. Theres no need to get defensive.
All we're saying is that it sounds really unlikely, and I'm asking you what your source on it is.

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07 2017, 11:19

Getting defensive is a normal reaction to an agressive behavior. Which was the case of the previous reply.

Saying you think this is unlikely (which i also think) is perfectly fine, but the rules of this forum kinda state that you have to be respectful even towards the things you don't agree with. And i can easily understand how he felt insulted by Nerdelemental's reply.

Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 03:41

Nerdelemental is a total a-hole!

There. Now we're all even?

:p
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 12:32

nerdelemental wrote:

Does self deprecation count? pirat

Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 12:19

Lord Nakariial wrote:
nerdelemental wrote:

There are a lot of days I really do hate that guy. I'm like, "OMG. Nerdelemental is a total loser." It happens.
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 14:49

nerdelemental wrote:
Lord Nakariial wrote:
nerdelemental wrote:

There are a lot of days I really do hate that guy. I'm like, "OMG. Nerdelemental is a total loser." It happens.

If there was a like button, I'd click it Razz

Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 00:33

Count Adhemar wrote:

Yeah, its in a renegade command squad I think? its basically their primaris psyker on crack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep your forgeworld receipts.    Keep your forgeworld receipts.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keep your forgeworld receipts.
Page 1 of 1