THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

need some help on deciding which units to take

Go down 
+4
lament.config
Chippen
Mppqlmd
Darkin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

need some help on deciding which units to take   Empty
PostSubject: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 19:29

so I want to play some 1500p games with my buddies and I want to build a list with 3 DL ravagers and 3 Dissie RW's what puts me at 1048 points but what do I pick now
i feel like i don't nee anything really so what do you guys say
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 19:40

So you're at 9 DL and 6 dissies.
You anti-tank is fine, so the question is : where are you going to get a little more AI ?

Suggestions :
- Barebone scourges
- Beast packs
- Venoms/kabalites gunboats
- I wouldn't take incubi : they serve a role very similar to the one dissies fulfill (Anti elite infantry)

Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 19:42

what about raider gunboats?
and maybe mandrakes?
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 23:50

Only thing you're really missing is maybe some poison for daemons/nidzilla/invulns. 5 Kabs with a Blaster in a double cannon Venom is a solid go-to, gives you durable (while in Venom) and mobile ObSec. Mandrakes are good as well.

lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 02:18

You need some boots (or hooves, bare feet, whatever).
Mandrakes
Kabalite in venoms or raiders
Beast Packs

Wish I could add coven troops but, they are softer now and until we get our codex it's just like that. Same for wyches. I'm still optimistic that our codex will fix a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 08:56

Mandrakes, 10 Kab's with a SC in a Raider with a Lance (about 210), bare Scourges are a great shout and maybe throw in some extras or weapons if the points are there to spare.

If it were me, TANTALUS XD Such a gem Cool

Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 13:09

Maybe add a couple nude HQ for Command points ?

need some help on deciding which units to take   19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / need some help on deciding which units to take   4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 13:32

A couple of bare bones Archons for HQ's and 3 units of 5 Kabalites in Venoms should bring you up to a little over 1500pts, that would let you run a Battalion and an Air Superiority detachments.
Back to top Go down
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 15:15

okay so i run a battalion now and i have enough points lft for either 3 blaster into my 3 barebone Kabalites or put splintercannons on my venoms. what would you guys do?
Back to top Go down
Lyceus
Hellion
Lyceus

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 10:49

I started to not equip kabalites with blasters and did not miss them. 1-2 more AI shots are very welcome. And you can sacrifice them as deepstrike/smite protection. SC are not that effective either but the venom is not highest priority and always shoots with full BS.
That counts for something.
I would go max out ravagers and RWJ and after them equip venoms with more SC.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 18:42

Maybe add more kabalite warriors bodies, or a splinter cannon (Venom and/or kabalites warriors)

need some help on deciding which units to take   19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / need some help on deciding which units to take   4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some help on deciding which units to take    need some help on deciding which units to take   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some help on deciding which units to take
Page 1 of 1