THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Urien's Apprentice
Slave
Urien's Apprentice

Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar   Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 14:08

Hi there folks.

I'm new to both the game and the Dark Eldar. I originally got into this through buying the figures I thought looked cool merely to paint up and put on a shelf next to my Circle Orboros (Hordes). I finally decided to get a rulebook and codex and now my head is filled with questions.

I'm not really interested in playing the normal Dark Eldar but I am totally into the Haemonculi and their Covens (as the name shows), these are the questions I have regarding them:

1) Is Urien Rakarth worth it in games of 1750 pts or less? The upgrades on grotesques looks great but I have yet to actually play a game and see how S6 really differs from S5

2) Scissorhands or Hexrifles for Acothysts?

3) Crucible of Malediction and all the other one shots. Really worth it or not?

4) When equipping your Haemies is it better to give them Hexrifles and Liquidiser Guns or Melee orientated things like Scissorhands/Flesh Gauntlets? Also how many do I want minimum- was thinking Urien + 2 Haemonculi for a 1750pt list

5) How many squads of Wracks is deemed minimum and how large should I be aiming for? Should they be in raiders or on foot?

6) Scourges are the only fast attack that I feel fits in with the covens, do I want to mix up lances and haywires or take special weapons in pairs?

7) Is a Cronos a silly addition to a list starting with so many pain tokens?

Cool I absolutely love the Talos but here you cannot play them without a WWP? Also which of the upogrades for their tail guns is the best?

I know this is rather a lot. Look forward to some more insight.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar   Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 15:15

Sounds like yo are looking for unit tactics advice. Try the threads in the DE tactics section. This section is designed more for posting lists and getting critiques and suggestions.

That being said, I would never field Urien in a game under 1750...even a "for the hell of it" game. Too many points tied up in a character that can be spent on more Haemonculi to get the same pain token benefits.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar   Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 16:34

New thread started and this one is in wrong place, so I doth use my mod locking prowess (just to show off).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar   Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie to 40k and Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: