THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

power weapons vs vehicles

Go down 
+5
Aroshamash
fenrisnorth
Thor665
Urien Rakarth
lonewolf5d
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolf5d
Hellion
lonewolf5d

power weapons vs vehicles Empty
PostSubject: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 12:36

we all have that friend who is a rules lawyer... who most of the time can quote the book correctly.
but lately i had the opportunity to charge in with drahzar on a tau vehicle. and so, the roe began.
has any1 figured out the ruling of PW vs armor? i have 3 friends saying 3 different things all pointing at pages on the core book.

let me make myself perfectly clear. if i ever kill you; you are gonna be awake, you are gonna be armed, you are gonna be facing me; only Then u will realize i poisoned the grip of your weapon. Subtlety is not deception.
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 12:46

Power weapons do nothing special against vehicles. You roll your S + D6 against AV as normal. Vehicles do not get armour saves anyway although any invulnerable saves they may have work as normal.

Remember that what you need to hit is not based off WS (except Walkers) but rather against how far they moved in their turn.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 15:26

^^^
This - there are no armor saves to ignore, so power weapons do nothing special versus mech since that's all power weapons do that is different.

Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 17:11

Actually, I'm interested in what rules these friends were quoting...

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 17:56

I think that way lies madness Wink

Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 18:02

(I apologize in advance for this) That's not madness, it's SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 15:03

I'm scared too, but I kinda want to know what they were saying... Some people have some really funny interpretations of the rulebook. Sad, but funny.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2012, 14:37

Keep this in your mind for future 'funny interpretations of the rulebook' that Power Weapons are NOT AP1 too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2012, 16:03

Ok, so we have right interpretation and one with AP 1.
What was third one?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2012, 16:31

I guess third one would be to ignore armor penetration completely...powr weapons ignore armor and all that.

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2012, 16:38

I am also wondering what madness was quoted. I can't think of anything that could be misread in book, so I am very curious what it could have been. Did people guess the three or is it a different madness. As long as the madness isn't contagious, like tiny rabbits living in the lungs.(those would suck to catch) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power weapons vs vehicles   power weapons vs vehicles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power weapons vs vehicles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: