THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raid tactics.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07 2018, 22:20

So I got thinking. What if, instead of having tactics for individuals Cults, Kabals, and covens.

Then I got to thinking: what if you had several slots you could fill out to make a custom tactical ability for your raid?

Something like pick 2 categories. You can only pick a subfaction catagory if you have the relevant HQ as your warlord:

Range (choose one):
1) Death from afar (advance and shoot Assault weapons at no penalty, rapid fire weapons at -1)
2) Amid the bodies (advance and charge)

Defense (choose one):
1) Wreathed in shadows (enemies are treated as +6" away for shooting)
2) Blinding speed (-1 to shoot DE units that moved this turn)

Offense (choose one)
1) Potent toxins (if a weapon would normally wound on a static number, gain +1 to wound)
2) The sharpest of knives (all melee attacks improve their AP by -1)

Cult (Choose one)
1) Blitz Charge (All units gain +1 attack on the charge)
2) Acrobatic Advance (All units gain a 5++ save if they advanced this turn)

Kabal (Choose one)
1) Artisans of death (All assault and Rapid Fire weapons gain +6" range, Pistols gain +3" range)
2) Point Blank Annihilation (All assault and rapid fire weapons may make an extra shot if shooting at a target within 6")

Coven (Choose one)
1) Fleshwarp (Multi-wound non-vehicles regain 1 lost wound/turn. Vehicles are treated as one track higher on the damage table for determining attributes)
2) Enhanced Warriors (Nonvehicles gain +1 to invulnerable saves, or 6+ invulnerable save if you had none before)
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07 2018, 22:33

I like the concept. It would be a step away from GW's 8th Edition MO, but so was our Power from Pain when it first presented.

I think the fact of the matter is, GW is going to have to get creative yet again with our army if they are unwilling to provide us the new models (predominantly HQs) necessary to make us a dynamic army. We have a lot to work with, but if they're unwilling to give us anything new because a plastic version of something doesn't already exist, then we're screwed.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07 2018, 22:50

So... what would your go to combo be?

Since I run a Wych-heavy cult I think I'd run Amid the Bodies and Blitz Charge. Advance and charge, +1 attack on the charge.

Or maybe Blinding Speed and Acrobatic Advance, make sure I get as many Wyches into the fight as possible.

Or Blitz Charge and The sharpest of knives, go all in on offense...
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2018, 02:03

I'd also add one of my own,

Evade (Choose one):
1) Lost in the Shadows: Opponents must subtract 1 from their Hit rolls in the Shooting Phase against non-vehicle models greater than 12" away.
2) Phaseshifting Engines: Opponents must subtract 1 from their Hit rolls in the Shooting Phase against friendly vehicles that moved their maximum distance in their preceding movement phase.

That last one would need editing, but I don't think it'd be quite DE if we didn't get any hit modifiers

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2018, 02:11

Other than Blinding Speed (-1 hit modifier against any DE that moved last turn?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2018, 02:14

...I need to work on my reading comprehension

Sorry!

Sybarite
SushiBoy013

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2018, 02:20

How odd...I know I posted mine, but here they are not!

1) Potent toxins
2) Blinding speed (-1 to shoot DE units that moved this turn

I feel all coven units better have some invl. save in an edition that is pretty heavy on it already.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2018, 02:39

Kinda like Wreathed in Shadows + Artisans of death. Effectively 12 inches of shift in our favor, exactly what the positioning army wants!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2018, 04:52

Very cool idea, pretty much all of those tactics seem fun and reasonably balanced. However, I just don't see GW throwing us a curveball and making the DE "chapter tactics" so radically different from everyone else.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2018, 05:04

I know, but I also know there are plenty of folks out there making homebrew codexes, and so sharing ideas is always good even if it doesn't become "Official" content.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raid tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid tactics.   Raid tactics. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raid tactics.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-