THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??

Go down 
+4
Mppqlmd
Ming the Merciless
Calyptra
SushiBoy013
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? Empty
PostSubject: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2018, 16:10

I'm hearing that there are individuals who have gotten their hands on the codex and have stated that Tau still do not have access to or defense from the Psychic phase. Has anyone else heard this?

If this is true, I'm pretty concerned about its implications for our army.

For those who ask for a source, I believe it was BoLS (so obviously not the most reliable source...), but I do not remember the specific article. Mainly curious if others have seen/heard the same thing.

Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2018, 16:23

Is that a surprise? There's no precedent I'm aware of, either in the rules or the lore, for Tau having any sort of psychic anything.

Dark Eldar are explicitly described as having anti-psyker tech. Historically that's pretty much just been the Crucible of Malediction, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got some Strategems for making psykers unhappy.

Back to top Go down
Ming the Merciless
Hellion
Ming the Merciless

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2018, 16:29

Other than the Crucible of Malediction I don't expect much more than a 1cp 4+ deny the witch type strategem.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2018, 17:48

Helm of Spite anyone ?

Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2018, 18:15

I listened to winter seo’s review. No psyker defence as far as I know.

I agree with the above predictions, crucible on hammy, helm for artifacts and the Templar 4+ deny strategem

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2018, 06:52

Tau have never traditionally been strong against Psykers.
Necrons on the other hand are traditionally badass vs psykers, so maybe the Necron codex will give a better clue.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2018, 06:53

Calyptra wrote:
Is that a surprise? There's no precedent I'm aware of, either in the rules or the lore, for Tau having any sort of psychic anything.

Dark Eldar are explicitly described as having anti-psyker tech. Historically that's pretty much just been the Crucible of Malediction, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got some Strategems for making psykers unhappy.

In the lore they have some psyker allies (if I remember correctly the bear people?).
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2018, 23:44

|Meavar wrote:
Calyptra wrote:

In the lore they have some psyker allies (if I remember correctly the bear people?).

My issue is that, if your army's lore limits you, GW does very little to try to offset it. I'm still very concerned we will be expected to ally with Quins and CWE to be viable. It is fine if you want, but it shouldn't be the expectation.

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13 2018, 00:45

SushiBoy013 wrote:
|Meavar wrote:
Calyptra wrote:

My issue is that, if your army's lore limits you, GW does very little to try to offset it. I'm still very concerned we will be expected to ally with Quins and CWE to be viable. It is fine if you want, but it shouldn't be the expectation.

Unless something massive changes in the core structure of the game, I don't see any way in which mixed lists don't wind up being the strongest. That's different to solo factions being "viable" but we should certainly get used to Imperial, Chaos and Eldar soup dominating the top tables at tournaments.
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13 2018, 00:57

Burnage wrote:
SushiBoy013 wrote:
|Meavar wrote:
Calyptra wrote:

Unless something massive changes in the core structure of the game, I don't see any way in which mixed lists don't wind up being the strongest. That's different to solo factions being "viable" but we should certainly get used to Imperial, Chaos and Eldar soup dominating the top tables at tournaments.

My issue is that, in order to be viable, you're expected to play to an ever changing narrative now, it would seem. Honestly, I'm not sure that's the type of game I even want to try to keep up with. Previously, it felt as though the effort resided in making a singular army competitive, but you're right: now it is all about the soup.

I won't get pissy and upset if that becomes the norm, I'll simply quit, come take a look at the landscape of 40k in 10th/11th edition, and reassess.

PostSubject: Re: Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??   Tau Psyker Defense with Codex?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tau Psyker Defense with Codex??
Page 1 of 1