THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Massed Kabalites

Go down 
+5
Lord Asvaldir
shadowseercB
Kantalla
RedRegicide
Soulless Samurai
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 22:55

With Kabalite Warriors being just 6pts now, do you think they're worth spamming?

Either in transports or on foot.

RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:26

I’m debating a 20 man unit webwaying into a key ruin, maybe on an objective. Lightning fast reflexes combined with hunt from the shadows makes them pretty resilient

Wych
Kantalla

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:37

Depends what you mean by spamming. Would be interesting to try:

Obsidian Rose Battalion:
2 × Archons with Blaster / Huskblade
6 × 20 Kabalite Warriors with 4 Blasters / 2 Dark Lances

Obsidian Rose Patrol:
Archon with Blaster / Huskblade
20 Kabalite Warriors with 4 Blasters / 2 Dark Lances
10 Kabalite Warriors with 2 Blasters / Dark Lance

1989 points - could put some minor wargear onto Sybarites for 2k.

Was thinking Obsidian Rose, so those Blasters have decent reach across the field, although Poisoned Tongue would get reroll 1s for hit and wound for their splinter weapons and melee, and Black Heart could use the relic to give units near one Archon both rerolls too.

Another reason for Obsidian Rose is the Stratagem if you are likely to fail a morale check.

I think this would be a really interesting matchup with Hero's Kabal list.

Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:47

I would run 4x 10 man Kabalites with full upgrades in the index ( old school gun boat spam ) and some true born in venoms and a 10 man of mandrakes. It was good would give my opponents a hard time. Now with all of the points changes and abilities added I personally think you cant go wrong with it.

I may try it out next time.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:59

I mean massed kabalites in transports has always been excellent for our army, that has never really changed and it's now better than ever.

On foot on the other hand is an interesting idea to consider. I don't think it's a better choice than transports, but I definitely think massed kabalites can work. They are cheap, they can take a fair amount of special/heavy weapons and we can deep strike up to two units on foot. If you want to go really big units like 20 strong, I think obsidian rose is definetly the best choice. 15" rapid fire lets you really get in more shots with our basic guns, and it's very handy for all our other weapons kabalites can take. Plus their stratagem seems nifty for keeping 20 man units from suffering lots of casualties from moral. Done right, the stratagem lets you basically gain free shots from moral. You just have to keep in mind you can only use that stratagem essentially once a turn.

Definitely worth playing around with, though personally I don't own enough kabalite warriors to try this sort of list out with.

Klaivex
fisheyes

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 01:06

Yes. Full Stop.

- 6 pts for a BS/WS 3+ body that shoots a poisoned weapon
- Variable squad sizes for flexability. 5 man MSU squads to take up DS space. 20 man squads with 4 blasters and a lance to take a WWP.
-Can be armed with weapons that are actually good.

The DE Warrior is a great unit, and can fill many rolls. So long as that roll is "stand there" or "kill more than you cost" (as should any screen unit)

Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 01:32

20 man squads will have some serious morale problems. One blob of 20 for a WWP insertion? Maybe. Otherwise split them into 10s.

Your list would also get chewed up by any fast melee unit. Like genestealers. So best to have non-warrior backup.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 01:46

Warriors have serious versitility, both as a cheap chaff unit and as heavy firepower, depending on how you build your list.

I would only take a 20 man unit with a WWP, and keep 2CP handy in the rare event the unit is worth saving after getting shot at. Otherwise I will be going with at least four 5 man units with blasters in Venoms for flexibility and Battalion filling. Maybe two more 5 man units to sit back, Im sure I can spare the 60 pts...
Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 01:48

A raider with 2x 5 man squads is 50 pts cheaper than the 2 venoms. Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 02:08

Yes, but they can only be 3 places at once. My venoms can be in 4 places Wink
Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 02:11

Ah, you mentioned sparing 60 pts. Hence...

I suppose those 2 extra 5-man squads means 5 places at once? heh
Back to top Go down
Gazbal
Slave

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 03:39

In case anyone plays using Power:
2 Raiders with 10 Kabalites is exactly the same cost as 3 Venoms with 5. I'm pretty sure that this was around about the cost in 7th as well.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 04:02

Soulless Samurai wrote:
With Kabalite Warriors being just 6pts now, do you think they're worth spamming?

Either in transports or on foot.

Kabalites for 6 points are absolutely bonkers. They were already good at 7 points, getting a points decrease alongside a better Archon aura, more Blasters and Obsessions makes them ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Massed Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massed Kabalites   Massed Kabalites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Massed Kabalites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-