THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

a couple of clarifications

Go down 
+4
Gorgon
dumpeal
Count Adhemar
DevilDoll
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

a couple of clarifications Empty
PostSubject: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2019, 15:56

So i was in local tourney this weekend and two points came up and i wanted your input.

First do chaos heldrakes hold objectives? I know our flyers dont and i was under the impression that generally units with the flyer keyword do not score but according to my opponent and the judge heldrakes are not subject to the rule because they dont have the airborne or supersonic or minimum move rule or something like that... Does anyone know the rule exactly?

And second my Thousand sons opponent kept going from one psyker to the next and then back again during casting. Are psykers not subject to the rule that they have to finish casting all their powers before moving on to the next psyker?

thx
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2019, 16:12

Fairly sure you can alternate between psykers but not sure about the Heldrake thing.

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2019, 17:11

Is there a hover mode in 8th edition? If yes, he can hold objective, but lose the flying modifier. If no, he can't.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2019, 18:09

Boots on the ground is a flyer battlefield role specific rule, which means heldrakes are like voidravens and stormravens and can't hold objectives. Oddly enough LoW flyers like marauder bombers can hold objectives because they aren't flyer battlefield role.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2019, 19:06

Like Gorgon says, the Boots on the Ground rule is linked to a units battlefield role in a detachment. If it is a Flyer role then no it can't. If Heldrakes were elites, heavy support, etc etc then yes, they could.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2019, 20:39

The heldrake is classified as a"flyer" so as above it cannot hold objectives based on that ... however I'm not an expert on daemon rules and such so maybe there is something in their specific rules that lets it hold objectives so it might take digging through the daemon codex to get an accurate ruling
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2019, 22:03

thank you for your answers i was almost sure that its a flyer role wide rule... ill let them know to check their facts
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18 2019, 07:21

Yeah, definitely a flyer wide rule. It might have been covered in the previous FAQ where flyers had their rules altered? Either there or somewhere else.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2019, 05:29

Boots on the Ground is a matched play rule covered in Chapter Approved. I'm guessing a tournament would use those rules, but maybe not? The Heldrake shouldn't be able to hold objectives as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a couple of clarifications   a couple of clarifications I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a couple of clarifications
Page 1 of 1